Simcoe

Sounds like a success!
Brew, learn, adjust, repeat....

Well popped one open the other day. I like it. Not enough to brew again without additions. Maybe some citra, 4-5 oz in the dry hop?
Wouldn't have thought "dank" but since you said it, yes, totally. Was surprised at the bitterness for only 4 oz. in a 15 min. boil. Since I'm doing extract i really like this quick boil, LOL.
Not enough carbonation but almost there.
The only other thing i didn't do was cold crash so it's very hazy. My last brew of the season until i find a freezer :(

Sorry, not picture worthy though.
Yep I get dank from it too in a good way I'd wonder what a combo of Chinook and Simcoe would be dank town IPA

Reactions: J A
I'd wonder what a combo of Chinook and Simcoe would be dank town IPA
Chinook has a distinct, piney flavor that's really nice but can add to the harsh factor. For serious diggity-dank, I like Columbus along with the Simcoe. To me Chinook pairs well with Centennial.

No worries on derailing. All good
I only did a 15min boil. Wanted this batch to be mellow with just the hints. Actually looking for repeatability now since I was all over the board.
Deschutes was a favorite..maybe just outgrew it. Elysian, especially space dust. The brewing has not been consistent or the storing/handling hasn't. Either way the batches taste different. Really enjoying Bale Breaker lately. HoppValley was the bad one yesterday. Sweet and bitter with some tangy all at once. 8.5% abv though.
I enjoy brewing even though my consumption has declined. Enjoying my whiskey club

Have you been going to the breweries or drinking canned/bottled beers. I ask because we spent the last 4 days of our vacation last year visiting breweries in the Seattle area. I really can't think of a poorly brewed beer that I tried, and there were a bunch. We usually spend a day or 2 in Bend every year and, outside of some NEIPAs, I can't think of any beers I didn't like there. I don't like NEIPAs. As you mentioned Elysian, we went to one of their tap rooms in NE Seattle and thought the few beers we sampled were excellent.

I think there are too many craft beers that are widely distributed these days. This leads to many sitting on the shelf, often at room temperature, for way too long. I've learned not to buy anything but the fast moving canned or bottled beers locally.

Back