Show your pipeline

3.9 is mid strength? What’s lower?

I have yeast for a Saison and an Altbier, I can get to neither and both are tests. After that, I need to test some tweaks to my Maerzen and to my Kentucky Common, all small batches.

For Xmas, I will be brewing the following 4 brews in the next 2-3 weeks:

A 10% Imperial Dark Ale? with some leftover malts ( Carafa Special II, Chocolate Wheat, Special B, CaraAroma, CaraMunich III, Biscuit ) / hops: Styrian Aurora
A 8.5% NEIPA without any crystal malts, with a combination of 3 yeasts and hopped with Columbus, Citra and Galaxy
A 5% Belgian Pale Ale fermented with a combination of belgian trappist yeast and witbier yeast / hops: Mosaic
A 8% Saison fermented with saison yeast and witbier yeast / hops: Styrian Dragon ( experimental 105/220 ) and Amarillo

For Xmas, I will be brewing the following 4 brews in the next 2-3 weeks:

A 10% Imperial Dark Ale? with some leftover malts ( Carafa Special II, Chocolate Wheat, Special B, CaraAroma, CaraMunich III, Biscuit ) / hops: Styrian Aurora
A 8.5% NEIPA without any crystal malts, with a combination of 3 yeasts and hopped with Columbus, Citra and Galaxy
A 5% Belgian Pale Ale fermented with a combination of belgian trappist yeast and witbier yeast / hops: Mosaic
A 8% Saison fermented with saison yeast and witbier yeast / hops: Styrian Dragon ( experimental 105/220 ) and Amarillo

Interesting combining Belgian and witbier yeast. Is that a test or have you done that before?
Same thing with mosaic in a Belgian beer, I'm trying to picture how that would taste

# jmcnamara

I have not tried these particular combinations before.

I only tried mixing S-04 with US-05.

I will actually pitch more belgian yeast and only a small amount of witbier yeast. I only want the slight banana/fruitty/clovey aromas from the witbier. The recipe only contains Pilsner, Wheat and Flaked Wheat ( the saison also has Flaked oats ).

I am also thinking on pitching the witbier first ( underpitching and let ferment for 24 hours on purpose - result should be more esters ) and after 24 hours pitching the belgian one to help with the fermentation and finish .

All in all, I will underpitch on purpose or at least try to do so. Could prove hard with dry yeast, but I am simply gonna use either MrMalty's yeast calculator or Brewer'sFriend and get an idea of what that might be, based upon the calculators.

Mosaic should play great, beautifully even in a belgian beer, ot at least this is how I read it. I also feel like it will work OK.

The over the top fruitiness from Mosaic, coupled with subtle clovey phenols and fruitty esters plus the simple Pilsner/Wheat grainbill --- Yeah... I like to day dream. :D:rolleyes:

1 Keg Pale Ale 1/2 keg Pale Ale (different Recipe)1/2 keg Oktoberfest

1 Keg Oktoberfest (ready Novermber 25th)
1 Keg Caribou Slobber
1 Keg Pumpkin Ale
1 Keg 90 Shilling ( ready November 11th)
1 Keg 90 Shilling ( ready November 18th)
1 Keg Festivus Holiday Ale (ready November 25th)
1 Keg Megalodon (ready ????? came out as rocket fuel, letting age for a couple of months)

Waiting on ingredients to craft another Caribou Slobber. Will be first brew to test ph meter that should be here this week. I have ordered Lactic Acid and Acidulated Malt to adjust ph.
Will brew November 11th. Will probably brew another Oktoberfest and a Light Lager for my brother after that. I have 10 kegs, 1 is full of sanitizing solution to run through the tap lines.

Some, but not all of my pipeline. 12 casesx12 bottles. From left to right I have an English bitter, a wet-hopped pale ale, oatmeal stout and a Cascade pale ale. Not shown is a Belgian wit.
upload_2017-11-2_23-3-48.png

Super jealous of those wooden cases. You make those yourself?
Yes, I have 16 in total. I work for a company that sells furniture, and these cases are all made from pine bed slats that were being thrown out. I glued them into panels and then made these box jointed cases.

My pipeline is a little longer now. All of my vessels (not counting two 6-1/2 gallon buckets) have beer in them, except for 1 primary carboy.

Attachments

• D3BD5E92-8BBB-485F-8509-47343783B341.png
    D3BD5E92-8BBB-485F-8509-47343783B341.png
    349.9 KB · Views: 121
Delivering 12 pounds of malt to a colleague with a smoker. Want it cold-smoked, may throw in some Munich to punch up the maltiness.... Stealth Rauchbier.

Tomorrow I’m smoking with apple wood. 10 lbs of home made bacon.

1/2 keg of ipa in the frige 4 keg conditioning. its hard to be patient.
2 kegs are ipa and the other 2 are a hife wiesen

Back