Random Photos.

View attachment 26222
How ya going Mate!:p

So much for its a dog's life
It's a kangaroos life!:D

Here's he isView attachment 26223
You want some buddy!
Looks like your friend dropped a load, and then took a little rest!
I mean, he does look kinda pooped, no?
upload_2023-8-25_13-28-49.png

image.jpg
Apples collected in our neighborhood, and a few from our own trees. There is an amazing abundance of food available here on parkways and in alleys. A sad fact that so much of it goes to waste. I am doing my part by eating a few every day.

View attachment 26491 Apples collected in our neighborhood, and a few from our own trees. There is an amazing abundance of food available here on parkways and in alleys. A sad fact that so much of it goes to waste. I am doing my part by eating a few every day.
Red delicious it looks to me herm i love apples as they say one a day keeps the Dr away.

Edit oh or Sundowner I'm probably way off.

View attachment 26491 Apples collected in our neighborhood, and a few from our own trees. There is an amazing abundance of food available here on parkways and in alleys. A sad fact that so much of it goes to waste. I am doing my part by eating a few every day.
How 'bout cider Herm?

Red delicious it looks to me herm i love apples as they say one a day keeps the Dr away.

Edit oh or Sundowner I'm probably way off.
The apples with the red streaks are Gala variety, one of my favorites, and those were all taken from a neighbor’s lawn after falling. Nice that the lawn is plush, so the fallen apples are generally free of bruises.
The lighter green apples are from our trees, which are a Spitzenberg and a Honey Crisp.

Ah Royal Gala of course:).

I did two batches years ago through a brevil juicer to put it bluntly I was new to brewing and keen it was a PITA but both ciders were great!

I asked the local fruit shop to keep their seconds apples and pears which they kindly did.

Before long I had more apples than I knew what to do with and couldn't keep up:eek:

A cider press is what you want a quick google search found a few for around $150 a definite purchase if you had an orchard.

A friend of mine makes cider from the apples in his garden. I'll ask him how many kg to the litre he gets ;)
He uses an apple press.
I'm lazy, I only make simple cider

Back