Random Photos.

Today's travels catching the barge back from Noosa North Shore.View attachment 24431
A rare trip here on Aus not too many rivers where you gotta catch a barge over.

The Daintree River up Cairns way and the one up Cape York over the Jardine River is two others I've done in Australia.

View attachment 24431
How about you guys in other countries.
Any in the US or Canada how about you @Zambezi Special any over that mighty river...
Not that vehicle ferries are unheard of here, they aren't all that common, and this one surprised me a couple of years ago, when we were on vacation and realized it was practically easier and faster to take this ferry, even though the Autobahn (rt 9 on the right) was only ~6 miles away:
upload_2023-3-2_20-11-3.png

PS, that particular river (Elbe) has lots of pedestrian ferries at "both ends", around the Czech border (mostly because of the national park(s)) and Hamburg.

The more I think of this the more I come up with.
A couple years ago we visited Haines Brewery in Haines Alaska. One of Debs relitives ( forgot which inlaw , outlaw nefew etc) ownes the brewery.
We took a ferry to and from Juneau, AK for the trip to Haines, AK , this one was fun.
hainesbrewing.com

Ah yes, those 60's

Probably the oposite in weather profiles hot and steamy here in SE QLD produces some cool bromiliade flowers
20230312_161251.jpg

Not quite fully blooming I think them purple bits have gotta open yet
20230312_161253.jpg

This is under my mandarine tree I never give these any love lol
20230312_161258.jpg

Oh no that looks like it's fully blooming

About to absolutely cop it here it's gone dark all of a sudden
20230312_162105.jpg

Same same, except I have flowering turmeric :)

Back