Q2 2021 Brewersfriend Community Recipie.

So I just tried Alan's Pee for the first time. I like it, never been a fan of Belgian beers in general, but this is really good. Not sure what you do different, but this is about the first Belgian that I have actually liked. Great recipe @AHarper!

Wow thank you I am really honoured. I am pleased you like it - and relieved that others do too. It's a daunting thing put a recipe out there for others to judge especially if it is a new style. I have your Shady Bohemian in the fermenter now with Mangrove Jacks Bohemian Lager yeast just settling in but yet to kick off - probably due to the low temperature 11C (according to the blurb on the back). Looking forward to sampling it in 2 or three weeks. Any recommendations for the lagering process?

Wow thank you I am really honoured. I am pleased you like it - and relieved that others do too. It's a daunting thing put a recipe out there for others to judge especially if it is a new style. I have your Shady Bohemian in the fermenter now with Mangrove Jacks Bohemian Lager yeast just settling in but yet to kick off - probably due to the low temperature 11C (according to the blurb on the back). Looking forward to sampling it in 2 or three weeks. Any recommendations for the lagering process?
If you're kegging it, just hook up the gas and let it sit for 3-5 weeks at around 34 degrees, about 1 degree if you're using Celsius., If you're bottling, I'd give it a couple weeks to carb up before dropping to lager temp. Lagers are all about patience, time is on your side.

Well it was in April I brewed it but it's supposed to snow tomorrow.

Well it was in April I brewed it but it's supposed to snow tomorrow.
Hawk! You are perpetuating the myth that Summer in Canada is something that you need to be careful not to sleep through!!!
I had the AC on in my truck when I was out and about, and stopped for an icecream cone at Ronnie Mc Pukes to cool me off today!

Gave my niece's husband a six pack this weekend. He'll split it with his brother and let me know what they think, I'm expecting some pretty positive feedback.

What yeast did everybody use? BE-256 was just wonderful, glad I picked some up(almost just pitched it with 497 as I've been using that in pretty much everything).

Gave my niece's husband a six pack this weekend. He'll split it with his brother and let me know what they think, I'm expecting some pretty positive feedback.

What yeast did everybody use? BE-256 was just wonderful, glad I picked some up(almost just pitched it with 497 as I've been using that in pretty much everything).
I used S-33 didn't ferment down so low ended 1.020 but still lovely brew.

Also used S33 since I'm not a big fan of Belgian yeasts. FG was 1.023. The beer is real tasty

I used Bulldog - Bulldog B16 Belgian Saison that finished at 1.006.

I used Bulldog - Bulldog B16 Belgian Saison that finished at 1.006.

upload_2021-5-18_11-26-52.png

I used T-58 turned out well imo. Not used much in the way of Belgian yeast so grain of salt

BE-134 cause it was the only belgian strain my local had on hand.

BE256 here as well

Back