Q2 2021 Brewersfriend Community Recipie.

Finally got off my dead ass - or maybe fat ass - both probably correct - and today I brew!! Just mashed in and set the timer for an hour. The news is still on the radio. Some good tunes in a bit. I can hear the chickens yammering for warn spent grain.

Finally got off my dead ass - or maybe fat ass - both probably correct - and today I brew!! Just mashed in and set the timer for an hour. The news is still on the radio. Some good tunes in a bit. I can hear the chickens yammering for warn spent grain.
I'm finally getting around to brewing Al's recipe today.

I was shy on pre boil gravity after 60 minutes and let it ride for a while. Not even sure how long. Came back to 1049 which is what the recipe calculates. A portent for a good week.

Pretty sure I was supposed to knock an item or two off the honey do list in those 30 or 40 minutes that I walked away from the mash. That didn't happen.

Yup was thinking the same thing yesterday :).
Thank god I am out of the loop.... (big sigh of relief)
upload_2021-5-24_21-44-38.png

For now...I’m doing a self imposed leave on until q4. That way I can’t get drawn more than once in a calendar year. Seams about right to me anyway.
If I am not mistaken, your name gets set to the side until everyone else has had their turn. Does that sound right Ben?

I was laid low by bronchitis about 10 days ago. Wiped me out! My wife got it too. That will teach her to sleep with me :) I finally had some energy this morning and bottled the Belgian Pee. It was a small batch and I decided not to keg it. 20 bottles. I coughed into each one just to see if Star San is really any good. Now I wait for the requisite bottle conditioning time. I think I'm going to like this beer.

As a side note, tonight was the final test, sure it's really drinkasble, but can you post boil brats in it? YES!!! Wonderful for post grill boil on brats, Wayner's is still probably the best brat boil beer ever, but Al's Pee is an outstanding beer for the all inportant "flavor" boil too.

As a side note, tonight was the final test, sure it's really drinkasble, but can you post boil brats in it? YES!!! Wonderful for post grill boil on brats, Wayner's is still probably the best brat boil beer ever, but Al's Pee is an outstanding beer for the all inportant "flavor" boil too.
And so...
upload_2021-6-19_12-56-55.png

Back