Oh yes,my new thread! Dry ice pellets...

At the moment can't justify buying a keg with my wife.
You need to come up with a special recipe that's just for your wife. Make sure it's a style that she really enjoys. Be sure to name it for her one way or another. When she's hooked, run out of it fairly frequently and let her know how much better life would be if her special beer was on tap and waiting for her at the end of every stressful day. :D:D
Seriously, I got started with 1 keg and a used CO2 rig for $100 and a dorm fridge that I eventually modified to be able to squeeze in 2 kegs. Beware of mission creep, though. I now have 7 taps in 2 different places and a jockey box for 3 more when needed. :D

I think it's nutty that there is a thread about carbonating with dry ice in the beginner's forum!
Sounds way too sciencey for me:p

You need to come up with a special recipe that's just for your wife. Make sure it's a style that she really enjoys. Be sure to name it for her one way or another. When she's hooked, run out of it fairly frequently and let her know how much better life would be if her special beer was on tap and waiting for her at the end of every stressful day. :D:D
Seriously, I got started with 1 keg and a used CO2 rig for $100 and a dorm fridge that I eventually modified to be able to squeeze in 2 kegs. Beware of mission creep, though. I now have 7 taps in 2 different places and a jockey box for 3 more when needed. :D
I wish my wife liked beer. Genius.

She does like a hard cider...
There's one beer I found she likes... Saranac strawberry tart if anyone wants to help me build a clone recipe but I can start another thread as to not further hijack this one

Reactions: J A
She does like a hard cider...
There's one beer I found she likes... Saranac strawberry tart if anyone wants to help me build a clone recipe but I can start another thread as to not further hijack this one
That's a start! it's even better if she likes a beer that's really specific and not particularly common. You'll get plenty of help with recipes. And ciders are better at higher CO2 volumes and work far better in kegs. :)
You could combine the two ideas and do a cider with Strawberry Nectar. Since you probably need to back-sweeten (preferably with the strawberry nectar for lots of flavor) it'll re-ferment in bottles and only works in a keg held at low temps.
Win-Win!!!

ok so i can get my hands on a fire extinguisher co2 tank.
company will fit regulator to it.
i need to buy a regulator to adapt to it.
are PET kegs any reliable,going for a good price

https://www.beerplus.co.za/product/pet-30l-one-way-keg-type-a/2580/233

All items reasonably within my budget.
ideas on the keg...?
I assume this keg take a D-Coupling?
The only "real" problem I see with it is that they are a one-time use item... That could get costly vs just buying a regular corny keg and re-using it. Is the 30L going to be an issue for you?

ok so i can get my hands on a fire extinguisher co2 tank.
company will fit regulator to it.
i need to buy a regulator to adapt to it.
are PET kegs any reliable,going for a good price

https://www.beerplus.co.za/product/pet-30l-one-way-keg-type-a/2580/233

All items reasonably within my budget.
ideas on the keg...?
PET is the material soda bottles are made from - they'll take high pressure fairly well. Now the important question: Can you clean and reuse the PET kegs? If not, I'd agree, buy stainless steel Corny kegs. If you're not going to force-carb beer, you'll need to hold ten (or less) PSI to store your beer in them. Also, you need some kind of connect for CO2 pressure and an output for the beer. I checked the pressure rating - it'll hold beer even to force-carb it. I'd guess you can clean and reuse it if the inside is smooth... Only problem I see is the gas and beer connections.

yeah they dont give much advice concerning usability.
but i found a place that actualy sells used steel kegs near me
price about 100 pounds a 30l keg

so ,i can get the co2 tank,a regulator,
if the keg works out,then i just need a dispensing tap?
sorry for the questions,never used a keg or saw it working

This site appears to sell Corny kegs which are what we all use. They are old Pepsi/Coke branded kegs and are usually fairly cheap.

www.kegsolutions.co.za

It looks like they might be out of stock but might know someone local to to you. 1000R (80CAD) looks to be more expensive than here but is still the long term way to go.

so ,i can get the co2 tank,a regulator,
if the keg works out,then i just need a dispensing tap?
sorry for the questions,never used a keg or saw it working
This picture is just for reference - this is a basic picnic tap. Cheapest easiest solution to get started out of your fridge... lol

https://www.homebrewing.org/Picnic-Tap-Assembly-Ball-Lock-barbed_p_1354.html

However, eventually you'll want to build a "keezer" - plenty of references out there. Super simple. Just takes some money and planning - BUT - you can expand it as needed. - 1 tap to start and then add as you can.

This site appears to sell Corny kegs which are what we all use. They are old Pepsi/Coke branded kegs and are usually fairly cheap.

www.kegsolutions.co.za

It looks like they might be out of stock but might know someone local to to you. 1000R (80CAD) looks to be more expensive than here but is still the long term way to go.
hi i am waiting on reply for similar keg from supplier near to me

I have 20 of them from a killer deal we found 2 years ago and if shipping them to South Africa wouldn't cost 5x what buying a new one cost I'd be reaching out to you to offer you a deal. ;)

This picture is just for reference - this is a basic picnic tap. Cheapest easiest solution to get started out of your fridge... lol

https://www.homebrewing.org/Picnic-Tap-Assembly-Ball-Lock-barbed_p_1354.html

However, eventually you'll want to build a "keezer" - plenty of references out there. Super simple. Just takes some money and planning - BUT - you can expand it as needed. - 1 tap to start and then add as you can.
so this picnic tap would connect to the regulator of the co2 tank and i can carb the beer inside a 2l container?
that would be great!

I started out using picnic taps until I could afford shanks to put in the door of my beer fridge. They are a bit of a PITA, but they work just fine, still use them on occasion.

so this picnic tap would connect to the regulator of the co2 tank and i can carb the beer inside a 2l container?
that would be great!
No. This would be how you dispense your beer after it has been carbonated. Pretty much, you have a co2 line to put co2 into the keg and then there is an out post that you would connect this to in order to pour your beer into a glass.

Something similar to this: (this is a co2 tank connected to an old pepsi keg (co2 in)and it has a picnic tap for the beer out.)
20111005_173713_Homebrew_keg.jpg

that would be great!
The 2L keg you showed us looked like it would take something like this : (but I am not sure...) - On these - one post is co2 in and the other beer out..
th

Back