Most Unpopular Opinion You Have...

After cleaning and sanitizing bottles, and going to kegging, I swore I would never go back. But was it really that much effort? Maybe nostalgia is picking at me a bit now, but it was easy to share bottles with friends.
I use screw cap bottles and bottle from the keg. If you do it right, they hold carbonation just fine. And they are inexpensive enough that if you lose the bottle, no problem. I do use a new cap if I plan to keep it more than a few days. Putting the caps in very hot water softens the polyethylene seal allowing for excellent long term sealing.

https://www.bottlestore.com/32oz-amber-boston-round-glass-bottle-20-pack-33-400-neck.html

Just one example, you may even find them cheaper. Be sure to buy extra caps, the cone type, which pushes out extra air.

As far as brewing probably that it's not actually necessary to name your brewery or your brews. My brews that I have named were because I thought of it spontaneously. I've put no effort into naming. I figure if I'm not selling anything why worry about branding?

As far as beer in general it's that IPA is an ok but not great style that's been way overhyped because too many people don't appreciate maltiness or balance

I wish hazy IPAs had never emerged...it lead to monstrosities like milkshake IPAs, smoothie IPAs, and the dreaded "zero IBU" IPAs. Not every NEIPA is branded as such, and I've bought a lot of disappointing beers over the years when I was craving English, American, or West Coast IPAs

Or maybe my unpopular opinion should be that hazies/juicy beers need a new name so that they aren't associated with India Pale ales anymore

Or maybe my unpopular opinion should be that hazies/juicy beers need a new name so that they aren't associated with India Pale ales anymore

How about Cloud Pale Ale?

It's that all those futsy little details really do matter. No matter what Brulosophy or some forum wizard says.

How dare you sir!?

Here’s an unpopular opinion.

Microbreweries are just like the macro-breweries: they are brewing to make money.
Gasp! Say it ain't so!

I was having this exact discussion with a microbrewery on Saturday. He and his brewer, a friend and fellow homebrew club member, butt heads frequently. Brewer: Let me be creative. Owner: Let me keep the lights on.

Doesn't matter how good you are if you can't pay the bills.

Guess my personal one is "Judging is absolutely subjective in competition and anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong".

Doesn't matter how good you are if you can't pay the bills.

Guess my personal one is "Judging is absolutely subjective in competition and anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong".

As a judge I disagree. If a BJCP judge is doing his/her duty, they are evaluating your beer by guidelines agreed upon in the maunual.

Don't get me wrong, there are bad judges. Thankfully, in my experience, we either train them up or weed them out.

I had the same beer in 3 competitions in short order get 19,27,and 42 as scores with the highest being last. I stopped believing judging is anything more than subjective shortly afterward.

I had the same beer in 3 competitions in short order get 19,27,and 42 as scores with the highest being last. I stopped believing judging is anything more than subjective shortly afterward.

I've never seen a swing that high, wow. Can I ask what the competitions were? Were all three BJCP? Did all the judges list their credentials?

Back