Malted nuts

1. Actually there are traditionally brewed chestnut beer in France. Chestnuts contain less fat than other nuts.
2. You can extract the oil and use the remaining.
3. Nuts are expensive to use in mass production, grains are cheaper and more convenient. But we are homebrewers right? We can do whatever we like. We shouldn't be conservative.
I agree with you 100%. Nuts have starches in them. While you may not get enough enzymes from malting the nuts, nothing says you can't add nuts, roasted or not, to your beer. Give it a go! You might be on to something. I'd caution you not to get your hopes too high, beer has been brewed for 14,000 years and surely someone would have hit on sprouted acorns as a starch source (or the nut of your choice). It's not a test I'd do but I'm sure you'll share your results.

beer has been brewed for 14,000 years and surely someone would have hit on sprouted acorns as a starch source (or the nut of your choice)
That's my thinking on it. ;) There's always someone wanting to come up with something "new" in brewing but I haven't run across an "extreme" or "experimental" novelty beer yet that would stand up to a good Pils, Pale, IPA or Stout.
Of course we're all wrong, anyway. White Claw and other "hard seltzers" are the wave of the future...Zima called and it wants it's market share back. Welcome to the '80s. :D :D :D

That's my thinking on it. ;) There's always someone wanting to come up with something "new" in brewing but I haven't run across an "extreme" or "experimental" novelty beer yet that would stand up to a good Pils, Pale, IPA or Stout.
Of course we're all wrong, anyway. White Claw and other "hard seltzers" are the wave of the future...Zima called and it wants it's market share back. Welcome to the '80s. :D :D :D
Miller Clear, anyone? Side Note: Elizabeth Warren is running a raffle. Make a donation and you are entered for a chance for a beer with her. My checkbook was almost out when I saw that her favorite is Michelob Ultra.... Guess I won't be writing that check.

Stupid American Political Tricks, for those of us not subject to a continual election cycle.

Reactions: J A
My checkbook is already out. She can drink Mich Ultra if she wants but I'll have a Hazy IPA from Dry Dock.
All joking aside, this will be the most important election of your life, who ever you vote for, just vote.

Miller Clear, anyone? Side Note: Elizabeth Warren is running a raffle. Make a donation and you are entered for a chance for a beer with her. My checkbook was almost out when I saw that her favorite is Michelob Ultra.... Guess I won't be writing that check.

Stupid American Political Tricks, for those of us not subject to a continual election cycle.
No checks to Pocahontas from me. ;)

My checkbook is already out. She can drink Mich Ultra if she wants but I'll have a Hazy IPA from Dry Dock.
All joking aside, this will be the most important election of your life, who ever you vote for, just vote.
AC/BC's monthly meeting is at the Brew Hut tonight at 6:30 - coming? If so, identify yourself! I'll have a sour Kottbusser, a killer imperial stout and a Schwarzbier.

No checks to Pocahontas from me. ;)
If you want to see a good forum go downhill in a hurry, definitely try to find little, snide ways to interject your political predilections. :rolleyes:

If you want to see a good forum go downhill in a hurry, definitely try to find little, snide ways to interject your political predilections. :rolleyes:
I guess we should all be more conservative and less liberal with posts. ;)

Or...if we're smart we'll all just talk about beer and leave the political nonsense for our obsessive idiotic-meme-sharing Facebook friends. :D :D :D
You know what... I respect your beer knowledge as well as a few others here. Your forum police duties.... not so much. I put a light hearted response to Nosy’s post, and yours. Relax JA.... I’ll respect you more. So, you've stated your opinion, I think it’s best to let this die off.

You know what... I respect your beer knowledge as well as a few others here. Your forum police duties.... not so much. I put a light hearted response to Nosy’s post, and yours. Relax JA.... I’ll respect you more. So, you've stated your opinion, I think it’s best to let this die off.
I'm really not trying to start anything and I realize that your comment was light-hearted. Yes, I should have just ignored it but I've seen so much of the internet taken over by vitriolic political knee-jerking that I guess I feel a little protective of one of the last spaces where it seems like everybody is on the same page.
Accept my apology for adding weight and context where perhaps none was intended and I'll confine my commentary to beer-related matters. ;)

Mine was intended as a jab at whatever horrendous mass-market swill Warren was drinking. Like the beer emoji idea.... Maybe that instead of 12 decimal places of accuracy for volumes (when I'm lucky if I can measure to the nearest quart).

Mine was intended as a jab at whatever horrendous mass-market swill Warren was drinking. Like the beer emoji idea.... Maybe that instead of 12 decimal places of accuracy for volumes (when I'm lucky if I can measure to the nearest quart).
Your intent was plain. The "Pocahontas" reference obviously carried it to a different place. It's the only reason I even bothered responding.

Politics and nuts! They go hand in hand. But I digress and @Yooper.... we need more relative emoji

We need a big mug full, clinking full mugs, steaming boil kettle, sprigs of grain, hop cones, malted nuts, (maybe not) mash paddle, electric lightning bolts for Ben;), and maybe a gavel to bring things back to order.

Back