list of current hops with acids analysis

Tim Southworth

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sort of newly back to home brewing. It's been a few years, but I spent many, many (25?) years making partial mash beers. Now after a hiatus I'm back and ready to go all grain. I can't believe all the new hops! In the old days, FH Steinbart always made up a list of the current hop crop and the alpha and beta analysis of each one (along with prices). Now everything is on-line and I can't find anything like that. Anybody know of such a thing?

I found one for 2008 and 2009 on this site. Is there a current one in the works?

I'm guessing with the variability between seasons and even within seasons/farms that nobody really wants to bite off that challenge.

I'm guessing with the variability between seasons and even within seasons/farms that nobody really wants to bite off that challenge.
Would agree with this. On the other hand with the recipe builder you can build a recipe to exact ibu's with info on hop package. So many hop farms out there yuo just about have to go by the package

I always buy from Yakima Valley Hops and they list the AA range for each hop but I don't count on knowing the exact AA number until I get it in hand. Then I adjust my inventory information so it's up to date when I plug hops into the recipe builder.
There's so much variation between growers, crop years and even batches/lots, the only way you're going to have a really accurate measure is by using the numbers from the exact hops you intend to use in a given recipe.

I'm sort of newly back to home brewing. It's been a few years, but I spent many, many (25?) years making partial mash beers. Now after a hiatus I'm back and ready to go all grain. I can't believe all the new hops! In the old days, FH Steinbart always made up a list of the current hop crop and the alpha and beta analysis of each one (along with prices). Now everything is on-line and I can't find anything like that. Anybody know of such a thing?
Surely your excited at the broader range of hops available at your disposal these days there Tim.
I'm imagining that the list of hops available to hombrewers back in the day were pretty limited compared to the many many different varieties from around the world.
I've been full on hombrewing for last 6 years and I've not even scratched the surface of all the amazing hop varieties available to me.

Like mentioned above the hops you buy will display a Alpha Acid percentage on the package and crop year I guess they won't display that info online because of variability.
You can adjust the hop percentage once you get it to hit your IBU target using the calculator here on this site;).

Back