Let's talk Unitank

Super jelly of your purchase @J A ... have been looking at that exact one for awhile ...already have the diy glycol chiller, sadly I’m still minus the fermentor
Too bad we aren't neighbors...I still have to get the chiller equation solved. :)

my build thread from couple years back. At minimum will give you idea of my approach
I remember seeing that. I've planned something similar with my 14-gallon Chapman pot as an adjunct to the Uni. Since I'll have chiller fluid available, an extra pump and controller expands the system quickly and easily as long as there's a way to get the thermal mass into the fermenter.
First things first, though. I'll expand as the opportunity presents.

Hi all
I bought the 7 gallon unitank and the heating/ cooling kit after reading some reviews. My first brew in it was batch of Punk IPA and I used a tank in the fridge topped up with ice to cold crash the brew, which turned out to be the best yet! The brew in there now is a Sierra Nevada pale ale clone recipe off Brewersfriend. 21 days in now and my new freezer has been modified in the same way as a kegerator so I can use a 50-50 mix of food grade glycol and pump that round the coil. Should work a treat;0

Back