Lets catch some fish

Water police here have breath testing equipment , skipper must blow under same limit for a car .

I do miss my little sail boat , was basically a floating esky

Water police here have breath testing equipment , skipper must blow under same limit for a car .

I do miss my little sail boat , was basically a floating esky
And they just look at me in my kayak and think ah he has to paddel he aint worth it:rolleyes:. Meanwhile im nursing 2-3 liters of homebrew on board:p

We do have fish here. There was a bass tournament downstream from me last weekend(we stay away from competitions) that weighed in just over 600# of bass with 31 entries. :eek: That's lots of nice fish at a limit of 5 each!

Ive been blessed with a swarm of white bass here, they hit anything and good eats :)

Ive been blessed with a swarm of white bass here, they hit anything and good eats :)
For god's sake you lot
stop going on about how good the b####y fishing is:D
Another 4 weeks and i shall be off fishing for a whole week,four or more of us have been going away for a week for some 25 years or so.
Might even squeeze a beer in here and there:cool:

For god's sake you lot
stop going on about how good the b####y fishing is:D
Another 4 weeks and i shall be off fishing for a whole week,four or more of us have been going away for a week for some 25 years or so.
Might even squeeze a beer in here and there:cool:
Cheers to fishing and beer! My second boat is named "Beer Fish" following an old rule my dad and buddies had of first fish gets first beer. #1 boat is ESC KEY

Busy old day today!. Bottled my Brixton Porter,tested and racked a bitter,cleared away then-
sat down and tied a few flies,tied up some leaders and cleaned my reels before parking my bum in the garden with a couple of my Kiwi Wheat's:cool:.
At last we have some decent weather,temperature wise,up to the 20's from a mere 12c:)

I know 20 and 12C. That's my fermentation temperatures!! :D

nice do those have teeth

Itty Bitty ones;). They are tasty little dudes. I will hot smoke them a couple of metric hours then peel off the skin, pull out the bones and can them with some seasonings. Beats the sewer trout from the store by a long shot!!! They went well with hash browns, eggs and morel mushrooms for breakfast at camp too.

we have a fish here called walleye that has teeth, very tasty too, thick white meat, so good their fished so much its hard to find a good size, they are long and skinny so they are 14" and over keepers right now

we have a fish here called walleye that has teeth, very tasty too, thick white meat, so good their fished so much its hard to find a good size, they are long and skinny so they are 14" and over keepers right now
A Ha,now those i know. We have them(a sub species) over here .We call them Zander or Pike Perch. Never caught one but they are starting to spread through some of our river systems. A canal had loads of them at one point before the Environment agency electrofished it and took most out!
They grow to a decent size here,up to around 10LB or so.

Walleye got in the river here from "bucket biologists" and they started gill netting them where they started to spawn below the dam. They asked for public comment about what to do with this invasive species and 99% of the comments were leave them alone! So now they are just monitoring them. There is a novel idea, the government doing what the people want! I'm sure they will figure something different out that's better for us.

Walleye got in the river here from "bucket biologists" and they started gill netting them where they started to spawn below the dam. They asked for public comment about what to do with this invasive species and 99% of the comments were leave them alone! So now they are just monitoring them. There is a novel idea, the government doing what the people want! I'm sure they will figure something different out that's better for us.
They are mainly left alone,there are far more invasive things here than those,ie Signal crayfish which have exploded every where up and down the country and are at epedemic proportions. Mitten Crabs colonising the River Thames and Zebra Mussels.We also have some populations of Topmouth Gudgeon which are being eradicated.

upload_2017-5-24_20-41-50.png upload_2017-5-24_20-43-27.png upload_2017-5-24_20-44-23.png
upload_2017-5-24_20-41-50.png

24 hours in a brine and ready for the smoker

24 hours in a brine and ready for the smoker
Now you're talking my language! I just pulled a couple slabs of bacon from the cure. I'll smoke them tomorrow.

Must say that i am not over keen on rainbow trout,however i have a small hot smoker and they are far better done that way.

Back