Lets catch some fish

Sounds like our crawdads. We boil them in seasoned water, rip the tail off, split the shell and dip the meat in garlic butter. Depends on time of year how muddy they are if they need to be in clear water for awhile.

Yup, the little ones. The 6 inchers go in the boil pot. You should see my wife go through those tiny lobsters!

never ate crawdad but the daughter absolutely loves craw fish, you can even buy those in my local grocerie store now

I have a 120 quart cooler I keep jugs of ice in, the mean fish gets pitched in the cooler "no water" you would be surprised at how long some will live out of water
We have a lake where I live and its next to a power plant and its used to cool their equipment and people joke about never eating fish out of there. I caught a 10'' Talapia and it was still alive in a plastic bag for 4 hours! It was unreal! My favorite is Blue Gill. Caught a 10'' one while fishing at a local lake and boy did it taste good. I was surprised that the bones were so big.

We have a lake where I live and its next to a power plant and its used to cool their equipment and people joke about never eating fish out of there. I caught a 10'' Talapia and it was still alive in a plastic bag for 4 hours! It was unreal! My favorite is Blue Gill. Caught a 10'' one while fishing at a local lake and boy did it taste good. I was surprised that the bones were so big.
I saw on the entrance into the dam I was fishing on the weekend a big sign Talapia no Talapia must be a dangerous fish to Aussie native fish

a swimming cane toad mate ...horrid buggers
despite the age of our island home it's a very fragile ecosystem , we could have learned a lot from our first Australian cousins
we brought Deer , goats , Rabbits , water buffalo , pigs , cane toads and half a dozen different fish to this country .
even camels have thrived here and out compete the natives at any chance they get ..... i shoot them at any chance i get

Went fishing today
20170505_084001 - Copy.jpg

At a boat launch with a view.
Like to go to this mountain lake just after the snow melts off.
There were only 2 other boats on the lake today.
Not a fish in the boat but a nice place to spend the day:)
The Summer Wheat tasted excellent up there.

nice, I cant fish here, massive floods, both lakes near me rose too high, my boat ramp is under water even the point where people camp is gone and too much debris in the water anyway, bad for props

We have had lots of water but as the pic shows most of it is still in the mountains. Rivers are normal for this time of year. You have been slammed with rain from what I've heard.

its bad, not only rain but lightning wind and cold from the north and darn right gloomy, no sun I haven't even planted my garden, usually in may is 80+ here

Looks stunning.
Went with my club on saturday to a trout fishery in Kent. 18 fished and only around 6 fish were landed,very poor. Quite a cold north easterly wind blowing as it has been for about 7 days making it feel damn nippy:eek:. Not sure if that put the fish down or not!:rolleyes:
Found a really cracking pub for lunch.Not over priced,decent beers and great grub:cool:should have stayed there instead of returning to fishing:D

Last edited:
Oh come on lads it's all about being out in the fresh air with nothing but your thoughts and wild old Mother Nature :D.

think of it this way if we didn't fish too many would breed and the lakes would be polluted and undrinkable, lakes are our only backup for fresh drinking water, just like deer its part of natures balance

my dock has a port security boat that is docked 2 bays down that roams the era, It sucks but "no drinking while boating" where I go, lots of bottled water and chips lol

my dock has a port security boat that is docked 2 bays down that roams the era, It sucks but "no drinking while boating" where I go, lots of bottled water and chips lol
:oops:Aw But There Is A Reason I bet like drunken hooligans running into eachother. Boating sure can be dangerous stuff too i remember when my captain face planted the dashboard of one of our boats going to more up in the middle of the night he rammed right into an bouy a soild one at that! We didnt see him for some weeks no airbags in a boat.o_O

Back