Kegging Problems

Meaning they fit the same shank thread. So perlic/intertaps are interchangeable on the same shank?

Meaning they fit the same shank thread. So perlic/intertaps are interchangeable on the same shank?
They Chinese ones and the perlicks did - I'm assuming that intertaps would be the same....

And MrBIP, how'd you know how to capitalize my last name? More importantly, do you know if it's Mick or Mac? (I can always tell the telemarketers for this one)

It just seemed reasonable.

Perlick, Intertap, and generic all the same thread. Same wrench too I believe.

I hate you guys. Now you have me thinking about changing to Perlicks. Amazon has the 630SS for about $45. I'd have to multiply that by 6. :eek:

i pulled the trigger on that keg deal i posted about , no reply on swapping the chrome plated taps to solid SS but the price also dropped by 20% and i can always change them later if it bugs me that much ....few weeks and ill have shiny taps sticking out of the fridge and then better extract a digit and fill some kegs !

Well..I've just bought me first Corny Keg, for the moment just using a 16grm charger for gas, but gassed it up and got it to dispense some water, so far so good! There will be problems I'm sure, looks the part though! new and shiny! Got to give it a good clean and sanitise yet as I should be kegging me first beer into it this Sunday or Monday.
Beer on tap - Yes!!! :)
Cheers

nothing like pulling that first draught
You bet! - I'll have to wait though.
I've used plastic barrels before, but mostly they are a pain in the posterior orifice, leak gas from the top all the time.
So this should be fun!
Cheers

I'll pay for it next time!

And I bet you'll go nowhere else to get a refill with great service like that.

They are a good bunch of people. But they're also the closest refill pace

I used to get mine from an old school classmate @ $18 for #20 but he shut down his parts store and now I have to go across the street.
The 20# now is $36.:(Not pleased Think they must have only gas in town so charge up a little.

Well..I've just bought me first Corny Keg, for the moment just using a 16grm charger for gas, but gassed it up and got it to dispense some water, so far so good! There will be problems I'm sure, looks the part though! new and shiny! Got to give it a good clean and sanitise yet as I should be kegging me first beer into it this Sunday or Monday.
Beer on tap - Yes!!! :)
Cheers
Nothing like your first pour out of your own equipment! We, just enjoyed the first pour a couple weeks ago out of our Keezer!

Last edited:
I used to get mine from an old school classmate @ $18 for #20 but he shut down his parts store and now I have to go across the street.
The 20# now is $36.:(Not pleased Think they must have only gas in town so charge up a little.
My only gas in town is about $20 for 5#, about the same as you.

I haven't had to fill a CO2 tank yet. When I bought the stuff used from a buddy at work, he included the 20# tank, which was pretty much full. $80 got me the tank, one tap, 3 way manifold, bunch of tubing, one corney keg, two more sanke kegs (for future bigger system build) and I already had the fridge that he didn't want almost a year earlier. .. well, $80 plus bring me some beer, just gave him a fresh growler again yesterday. :)

Back