Keezer Build

Mine hangs from the collar with some wood and a couple of L brackets.
View attachment 6200
Works well.
19x4 inch drip tray $16 at barproducts.com
See you didnt go to crazy on your collar neither headfirst just wide enough to install your taps. Is that some sorta key lock in the middle been thinking about putting a latch on mine to lock it shut.

This is how mine looks from the inside, the pictures I took in panoramic mode, so they look a little wobbly ( like me most the time) ;).
I have two CO tanks and the lines going in, one for the kegs and one to force carb. No drip tray but I like the one headfirst has. Being in Canada, I can't really get that one he listed. I'm thinking about making one out of a couple of fancy floor duct covers.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is how mine looks from the inside, the pictures I took in panoramic mode, so they look a little wobbly ( like me most the time) ;).
I have two CO tanks and the lines going in, one for the kegs and one to force carb. No drip tray but I like the one headfirst has. Being in Canada, I can't really get that one he listed. I'm thinking about making one out of a couple of fancy floor duct covers.
View attachment 6234
View attachment 6235
Hey I like it how you got some hooks for your gas and liquid lines I've been trying to but out a neat way to keep those out the way I could imagine it would make lifting kegs in and out a bit more easier not having lines in the way!

Hey I like it how you got some hooks for your gas and liquid lines I've been trying to but out a neat way to keep those out the way I could imagine it would make lifting kegs in and out a bit more easier not having lines in the way!
When I first set up the keezer I just had all the lines hanging and it was a pain in the ass. It was hard to figure out which lipid lines were at which keg. I got the hooks at our local dollar store, they're meant to hang shovels rakes and other garden tools, they're super cheap and very soft metal so they work perfect. And yes it makes dropping kegs in so much easier.

See you didnt go to crazy on your collar neither headfirst just wide enough to install your taps. Is that some sorta key lock in the middle been thinking about putting a latch on mine to lock it shut.
Ya the lock was just screwed on the face of the freezer. So it moved easily onto the collar. You could rip it open with a bar but me and Mr Remington would hear that;).

When I first set up the keezer I just had all the lines hanging and it was a pain in the ass. It was hard to figure out which lipid lines were at which keg. I got the hooks at our local dollar store, they're meant to hang shovels rakes and other garden tools, they're super cheap and very soft metal so they work perfect. And yes it makes dropping kegs in so much easier.
I use the hooks at home here in aus for exactly that. Yep gunna try and keep it neat one of the main reasons I opted to go keezer instead of kegerator was all that twisted bird nest of lines I had to fight out the way just to switch kegs over plus good luck changing out that back empty keg with two full ones in front of it!

My keezer is basically done. I've got a few more odds and ends to take care of, and probably some fine tuning of the controller and pours, but for the most part. Complete. I went really basic and simple for the actual build. I sank enough coin into the equipment so I shouldn't have to make any real upgrades on that end. With my chest freezer being about 20yrs old, I didn't want to sink more into the build that really wasn't needed. I didn't necessarily skimp, but I didn't splurge either. I've got tons of space and have a spare line (to make 5) if and when I'm ready. So nice with all the room.
On a side note, I need to get brewing. Just about all my kegs are nearing the empty mark.
20190531_200147.jpg
20190531_202634.jpg
20190531_182503.jpg
IMG_20190531_205205-1024x1365.jpg
20190530_194025.jpg

Consumed canned and bottled beverages during the change over. Took a good 2-3 hours to move kegs out of the old refer and clean it up. I can't believe I squeezed 4 kegs into this fridge, and usually a couple cases or more on top of that.
20190531_192822.jpg

Hopefully the wife will still be ok with all our bottled and canned goodies in the old refer. There's still plenty of room for food if need be, and I'd rather not have to open the keezer any more than need be.
I had one tap open (I thought it was in closed position) and lost close to a gallon of Founders All Day Ipa on the floor before I could figure out what the hell was happening and pull the tap from the keg. Sad loss.
I look forward to seeing how everything pours today now that it's had time to chill and settle back down.

And the checker flag flies as thunderwagon flys across the finished line with an attractive well built beer dispenser!
Well done!
Haha. It works, but pales in comparison!
Thanks for the heads up on the drip trays. I purchased a 19" from barproducts as you suggested. $22 shipped. Unbelievable! Most out there are triple that. I figured for the price, I might as well go for more than I need. At some point I'll have more taps and it will be perfect.

Haha. It works, but pales in comparison!
Thanks for the heads up on the drip trays. I purchased a 19" from barproducts as you suggested. $22 shipped. Unbelievable! Most out there are triple that. I figured for the price, I might as well go for more than I need. At some point I'll have more taps and it will be perfect.
Yup the price is very reasonable. I was looking for 1 with a drain originally and found this. Have found that a drain is not nessecary with home brew scale. When you mount it make sure there is room to fill your big German Oktoberfest Stein ;)

Nice work TW! The location of the gas manifold and taps makes sense. Nice clean design. :)
The 2x10's add some serious depth. You don't realize how deep it is till you drop something :oops:. However, I don't think (for me at least) I'd go shorter. I like the room, and I'm still in good enough shape to get kegs in and out.

The 2x10's add some serious depth. You don't realize how deep it is till you drop something :oops:. However, I don't think (for me at least) I'd go shorter. I like the room, and I'm still in good enough shape to get kegs in and out.
Yeah just gotta suck that gut in to get to the bottom :D! Looks Good Thunderwagon!

Nice! Did you just calk or glue tray mount?

Nice! Did you just calk or glue tray mount?
I used some L brackets with 3m tape. Magnets holding the tray to the brackets. It's super solid.
Thanks for the heads up on this tray. For the price, I was pretty impressed by the quality.

I used some L brackets with 3m tape. Magnets holding the tray to the brackets. It's super solid.
Thanks for the heads up on this tray. For the price, I was pretty impressed by the quality.
Magnets, perfect. Adjustable!
Actually I think someone on the forum pointed it out to me a while back when I was building keezer. ;)

Back