I'm kind of stuck on this one...

I'd just shake it and give it some time. Might just be stalled. I don't aerate or anything beyond doing a starter with wort and have not had any issues.

OK...a week later, I'm sitting at 70 degrees F and I'm still at 1.032 says my refractometer but the hydrometer just gave me a 1.020 reading and the stuff tastes pretty good. A little fruity and cloudy but that is more than likely a function of having been given a swirl earlier.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Words of encouragement?

Believe the hydrometer. If you are using a top fermenting yeast and it has fallen it's probably done. Keg it.

There that's my words of encouragement

Hey Chico! Thanks for the kind words...I'm giving it a few days more and then I'll bottle it given a decent drop in SG....at least is will be In the teens.

Hey, in other news...I see the Butte Strong IPA project has come together, they are selling it here in Harrisburg. What's the report from the feet on the ground?

Hey Chico! Thanks for the kind words...I'm giving it a few days more and then I'll bottle it given a decent drop in SG....at least is will be In the teens.

Hey, in other news...I see the Butte Strong IPA project has come together, they are selling it here in Harrisburg. What's the report from the feet on the ground?
SN released it on tap at the tap room on Thursday the 13th. I went there and got a Pint last Saturday. It's a fine ipa along the lines of celebration but if seems more malt forward. I just kegged five gallons on Monday. I must say theirs is better than mine lol. Haven't seen cans hit the store yet but I haven't been to Safeway all week. Buy a pint or two and send it our way. Lots of people could use the help and sharing a pint for the effort seems like the perfect gig.

Haven't seen cans hit the store yet but I haven't been to Safeway all week. Buy a pint or two and send it our way. Lots of people could use the help and sharing a pint for the effort seems like the perfect gig.

Beer and Wine in a grocery store is a new thing here in Pennsyltuckey as they are just getting around to changing the laws that Governor Pinchot put in place days before the repeal of prohibition....but I digress...I should have taken a looksee when I stopped in the local Giant for it in cans. The local news had one of the participating brewers in Harrisburg...I think it's Zero Day...having it on tap.

I just found out it's in the stores here in Chico. Must be in a refrigerated truck on its way to Pennsyltuckey lol.

P. S. The brewery is ten minutes from my front door.

The beer in grocery stores still breaks my brain, but all good. Need to find SN in Edmonton period.

OK, so holding at 70degrees and the SG has dropped a couple more points, 1018 is were it sits today so I got another swirl and off to the bottling table tomorrow. Off with the heating belt and off with the chamber lid, I will let things settle down in the 50 degree cellar.

Back