I visited a brewery today!

Today I visited the brewery that I work at lol we hosted our first ever "Loggerfest." We featured new lagers and wood-aged beers and showcased local wood-working and wood turning clubs. We had a great turn out! Live music and a food truck helped as well. My favorite of the featured beers were the black lager and rice lager. We also had our flagship IPA aged on oak spirals and a barrel-aged sour. One of the clubs brought a small lathe and demonstrated wood turning in the parking lot. Everyone wore plaid to be on theme as well :D
"Oh, he's a lumberjack and he's okay
Sleeps all night and he works all day..."

Stopped in the Leinenkugel brewery in Wisconnie this morning. Just went through the tourest center, didn't take the tour. Had a few Leinies last night in preparation.
20240309_110550.jpg

Well the other photo wont load

Took a little road trip to check on our trailer yesterday and had lunch at our favorite little brewery!

1710688207067.png

They purchased the two century post and beam barns, and moved them to this property.
A lot of pictures on the wall of the process.
1710688259866.png

This was the first time we were enjoyed our food and drink in the bar room, it was a nice day, but not nice enough to be out on the patio.
1710688376001.png

Irish Red completed in the background, English Pale with some lovely lacing in the foreground, next up to the left was a milkshake NEIPA on Nitro with a subtle ginger flavor and mango. Out of the picture to the left was a coffee stout also on Nitro.
1710688510315.png

The tap menu
1710688913822.png

The brewery in the larger barn has a couple of tables and chairs if you want to enjoy your fare there.
That is Melanie the owner/brew master down below looking after a customer.
Had a nice chat with her, she said she would email me the recipe for the English Pale.

1710689091135.png

The tap menu
View attachment 28828

The brewery in the larger barn has a couple of tables and chairs if you want to enjoy your fare there.
That is Melanie the owner/brew master down below looking after a customer.
Had a nice chat with her, she said she would email me the recipe for the English Pale.

View attachment 28829
What a place!

We had a little getaway for a brithday/anniversary celebration, and popped across the border into Buffalo for lunch at Big Ditch Brewing yesterday. Really cool place, food was good, beer was meh. Their two "signature" IPA's both had that grassy vegetal flavor and texture that I have only ever heard of until now. It was an odd flavor, tasted like the hops smell out of the bag... kind of. The "You Make Me Wanna Stout" however was excellent. The reference in the name of that beer is a Buffalo Bill's chant.
Big Ditch is a reference to the Erie Canal built in the 1800's.
So, cool place, good food, beer a bit disappointing, but not entirely.
20240330_122546.jpg

20240330_121321.jpg

Got back from Visiting Family in Oregon. Went to the Brewery in Sunriver Oregon and enjoyed their Hefe (Fuzztail) which I don't normally like.

Picture isn't mine but wanted to give a shout out to a great Brewery! I forgot to take a picture of the inside and also my beer flight.
sunriver.jpg

1712081320406.png

Yesterday my wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. On our anniversaries we usually play tourist and visit a small towns in our area. This year we stopped in Cedarburg, WI (artists, crafters, antiques) and then on to Sheboygan, WI to visit 3 Sheeps Brewery. I have had many of their beers and all were awesome. My favorite is Rebel Kent (an amber ale w/Belgian yeast).

At 3 Sheeps Brewery.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to include what was in the flight we (mostly me) had.
1) Rebel Kent (Amber Ale)
2) Armchair Quarterback (Amber/Red Lager)
3) 15-2 (Stout)
4) Lemongrass Pils
5) Mysterious Depths (Dark Lager)
6) Pineapple Fresh Coast (NEPA)
+1) Dark Matter (15.4% ABV Imperial/Double Stout - aged in Heaven Hills barrels - Tasted awesome!!)

Last edited:
Yesterday my wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. On our anniversaries we usually play tourist and visit a small towns in our area. This year we stopped in Cedarburg, WI (artists, crafters, antiques) and then on to Sheboygan, WI to visit 3 Sheeps Brewery. I have had many of their beers and all were awesome. My favorite is Rebel Kent (an amber ale w/Belgian yeast).

View attachment 29209

3) 15-2 (Stout)
4) Lemongrass Pils
+1) Dark Matter (15.4% ABV Imperial/Double Stout - aged in Heaven Hills barrels - Tasted awesome!!)
Nice! and congrats on 30 years!

View attachment 29209

3) 15-2 (Stout)
4) Lemongrass Pils
Congrats! Sounds like a great way to celebrate.

Back