I visited a brewery today!

We got home from our trip to Ireland Sunday night. Had a lot of fun visiting the pubs with our friends and it was great to have the opportunity to visit Smitthics Brewery. We and many of the others on the tour managed to bring home fridge magnets, tee shirts and.... Covid!
Deb and I are doing ok, hopefully the rest of the group are doing well also.
Sorry you caught Covid. Your pics were great. Welcome home minus covvy!

We got home from our trip to Ireland Sunday night. Had a lot of fun visiting the pubs with our friends and it was great to have the opportunity to visit Smitthics Brewery. We and many of the others on the tour managed to bring home fridge magnets, tee shirts and.... Covid!
Deb and I are doing ok, hopefully the rest of the group are doing well also.

I liked your whole post, minus the covid part! Hopefully you can join the monthly meeting (4:00pm cst) and tell us about your trip and share some pics.

Hmmm. Ill have to figure out how to share the pics.

IMG_2722.jpeg
Salute to any Veterans or Servicemen, regardless of where from. I'm at Veterans United having a stout for my Dad.

Last edited:
Always one of my favorite breweies
20230929_182657.jpg
. Did a Festbier, a very nice Hefe( in pic), and a Helles that is rapidly becoming one of my favorites in town.
I know Josh makes lots of Helles beers, but this one is breadier almost a Festbier but only 5.2%.

I still not huge on the sours, but I am getting to the point where I do like a taster size of a Gose. I did have a little one today that I enjoyed.

I still not huge on the sours, but I am getting to the point where I do like a taster size of a Gose. I did have a little one today that I enjoyed.
I keep trying them, just to see if and what I like. There was one available at the Friendly Garden earlier this year, and I actually enjoyed multiple pints of it over the course of a few weeks. For the most part, they are not for me.

Yeah, not a big sour fan. Some I've tasted were ok, but I'm not inclined to seek them out.

I haven't had many, but I do like them on a hot summer's day :)

Some of the Gose styles that get on the limey side are pretty good. You get that saltiness, and it is almost like a low alcohol Margarita:), but I still can't drink a full pint.

Small establishment in Jacksonville Beach, FL. Great selection and quality beers. Plus, one of the most dog friendly businesses I’ve ever been in. Tonight there were approximately 25 humans and 12 dogs. It was very entertaining.

Attachments

• IMG_3376.jpeg
    IMG_3376.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 27
While running errands yesterday I stopped in at Water Street Brewery for a couple 5 oz (148 ml) pours. One was "Victory Amber". It's an American Amber centered around Victory malt. It taste great! I would definitely like to brew this one so I asked asked but the bartender...who said the brewers don't share their recipes :(. The other was a really good traditional German Hefeweizen named "Bavarian Weiss". I wish I could have stuck around for more.

WaterStreetBreweryFermenter.jpg

I don't think they actually brew beer at this location. So, technically I didn't visit a brewery.

Back