I brewed today!

Split into 2 FV , yeast showing life after 6 hours
Will let it ferment out and store the washed yeast in grolsch bottles for a mates 60 litre batch this weekend and if I have time another 2 batches at home ....not much chance of taps running dry around here !

Split into 2 FV , yeast showing life after 6 hours
Will let it ferment out and store the washed yeast in grolsch bottles for a mates 60 litre batch this weekend and if I have time another 2 batches at home ....not much chance of taps running dry around here !
You know Mark if i know a smidgin of your housemates brew theavin history i just had an image of somone pinching one of your yeast starter grolsch bottles hoping for a cheaky five fingering beer only to discover its unhopped bland yeasty beer lol:eek:. You wanna keep a close eye on them bottles mate incase they get muddled up in your collection:D.

I think you should brew a high alcohol beer just for the thieves then mark on their face with a permanent marker saying punked when their wasted lol

Think I sorted that , left a keg full of line cleaner , silly woman also tipped a bucket of starsan on the lawn leaving a rather brown looking section
She has learned not to assume anything is what it looks like and best to leave it alone

Dont mess with a homebrewers stash were not bound by liquor licences lol!

Did the first of the Helles Projekt brews. Still dialing in the small-scale equipment - looks like my water losses are still next to nothing in the new tun. It's chilling in the basement now, will pitch it in a bit.

I've got a Kölsch brewing right now. I've also got 4 chickens in the smoker for Whiskey Glazed Smoked Chicken. And there's a crew here replacing all of my windows. It's a little busy here!

Busy brewing weekend here , Team effort friday night for 60 l of choc rye stout and a 20 litre batch of English IPA
Sunday got a Red ale and a APA brewed and cubed for pitching whenever i get around to it

First time using Topaz hops , promising batch in combination with centennial
Thinking about dry hopping with Columbus

Busy brewing weekend here , Team effort friday night for 60 l of choc rye stout and a 20 litre batch of English IPA
Sunday got a Red ale and a APA brewed and cubed for pitching whenever i get around to it

First time using Topaz hops , promising batch in combination with centennial
Thinking about dry hopping with Columbus
You aint working your way through the alphabet there mark are ya:). Stoic effort btw put my mini mash to shame lol. What are you hosting all you can drink events or something you sure curn out a lot of beer;).

Team effort , host is a fireman so regular after work drinks with the boys means kegs don't last long and we have few comps coming up to brew for as well
What are you looking at entering in for the comp? Next comp up my way is brissy comp in september

I'll be entering Australian sparkling ale , APA , IPA ( and Rye IPA ) , American amber , English IPA , British Golden ale for certain so far , see what else i can come up with before September state comp

I'll be entering Australian sparkling ale , APA , IPA ( and Rye IPA ) , American amber , English IPA , British Golden ale for certain so far , see what else i can come up with before September state comp
What do you think will score best or ehat do you feel beat entering your rye ipa?
From mynlast comp i found the beer i was confident with went best i was devided on the saison but its all i had.

I know my Sparkling ale is almost an exact clone of the commercial example for style , amber ale is already in bottles and a cheeky early taster was showing promise

I wonder what the judges will think of a coopers sparkling clone my bet is aces;). But September is a while a way for light style beers eh? I just don't know how hop aroma can make it that far..

I'm thinking Octoberfest beer as its near that month and of course a pils but a tweeked one but still keepin it simple in the grist which I think is paramount for the pils style.

The only 2 beers noted as examples are Coopers pale ale and Sparkling ale , my version sits almost centre between the 2 for ABV , colour and bitterness very close to the pale ale and with my house yeast i can get the correct hazy pour and ester profile just about perfect .
A club member works at the brewery so can't give me any hints but agrees it's a great clone , already fooled most .

The more hop forward styles will be brewed closer to judging of course but having a load of fun tweaking recipes and hop schedules .

What are you going to enter ?

The only 2 beers noted as examples are Coopers pale ale and Sparkling ale , my version sits almost centre between the 2 for ABV , colour and bitterness very close to the pale ale and with my house yeast i can get the correct hazy pour and ester profile just about perfect .
A club member works at the brewery so can't give me any hints but agrees it's a great clone , already fooled most .

The more hop forward styles will be brewed closer to judging of course but having a load of fun tweaking recipes and hop schedules .

What are you going to enter ?
Octoberfest and another Pilsner I guess I'm digging the German brews so far in my short Homebrewing journey but knowing me I'll change my mind:p. I'm looking to try a single decoction first with that Pilsner grist see how that goes then go from there:rolleyes: either that or grab some melanoidin malt.

imperial hefeweizen brewed today. 40/40/20 on Pils/White Wheat/flaked oats

hit 1.069 and double pitched WLP300. fermenting this batch down at 63ºF

I brewed my second attempt at a scotch ale. I struggled the whole time with wind and things just going crappy. I really hope this beer turns out right. If it does it will be the biggest beer I have made to date.

Back