I brewed today!

Actually 35 PSI, and they have a pressure relief.
Fully aware of it. I've used little air bladders about 1 foot square to raise transformers that weigh north of 20,000 pounds with just a little bit of air. Kinda spooky to see the stator for a 1500 MW generator sitting on pillows.

IIRC, that Allrounder is rated up to 15 PSI, correct? Now you're talking 3000 lbs of force released if it ruptures. That normally breaks things. BIG things. I have full intentions of staying well within the limits and having all my belts and suspenders on when I start messing around with pressurized vessels. I won't even start until a PRV is in
Allrounder is actually rated for 35 PSI, comes with a PRV, I will hit it with 30 PSI when I am cold crashing so I don't lose all of that free carbonation

Actually 35 PSI, and they have a pressure relief.

Allrounder is actually rated for 35 PSI, comes with a PRV, I will hit it with 30 PSI when I am cold crashing so I don't lose all of that free carbonation
Also they recommend pressure testing after 2 years.

One way I found is fill fermenter with water attach liquid to liquid line jumper and take out the poppet on your liquid disconnect then you can hook up your garden mains water pressure easily 30psi and hey presto pressure testing full of water...

A cou
Also they recommend pressure testing after 2 years.

One way I found is fill fermenter with water attach liquid to liquid line jumper and take out the poppet on your liquid disconnect then you can hook up your garden mains water pressure easily 30psi and hey presto pressure testing full of water...
Or.... you could fill it with water and connect it to a gas line with the reg at 30 PSI

Dough's in
1000013721.jpg
1000013721.jpg

image.jpg
Nice & Smooth Stout in the fermenter, came in a few points high, almost like I planned. Starting gravity 1.057, about 45 IBU’s. This got a big pitch of fresh slurry of Wyeast 1056 American Ale Yeast. We’ll see what we have in about a month, give or take.

View attachment 29241Nice & Smooth Stout in the fermenter, came in a few points high, almost like I planned. Starting gravity 1.057, about 45 IBU’s. This got a big pitch of fresh slurry of Wyeast 1056 American Ale Yeast. We’ll see what we have in about a month, give or take.
Looks good! It almost looks like your graduated cylinder is black.

View attachment 29241Nice & Smooth Stout in the fermenter, came in a few points high, almost like I planned. Starting gravity 1.057, about 45 IBU’s. This got a big pitch of fresh slurry of Wyeast 1056 American Ale Yeast. We’ll see what we have in about a month, give or take.
That sounds like a beautiful balance of malt and hops. Dunno if I’ve ever tried a stout made with American Ale yeast. Might have to try one.

That sounds like a beautiful balance of malt and hops. Dunno if I’ve ever tried a stout made with American Ale yeast. Might have to try one.
I have only ever made Stouts with American Ale yeast, so would not know any difference. When I was reading about making my best oatmeal stout, American Ale yeast was recommended, so I have stuck with that.

I have only ever made Stouts with American Ale yeast, so would not know any difference. When I was reading about making my best oatmeal stout, American Ale yeast was recommended, so I have stuck with that.
Another west coast ale yeast user here. I've used BRY-97 in my Stouts for years because I prefer my Stouts dry.

Back