I brewed today!

I think you could pick anything under 1.2 or 1.3 meg, if it’s ever an option. They always come through smaller than they say for me.

what a great brew day from start to pack up 3.5 hrs! great extraction great efficiency only mashed 60 min and boiled 60min everything flowed nicely. was easy no multiple hop additioms just a FWH the whirlflock and chill and slap her into fermentor. i love it when things go well and a mid week brew day all i need now is some sunshine and heat:).
20180321_183843.jpg

Last edited:
I’m brewing a Golden Promise Lemon Drop SMaSH today. I hope I remember how to do this. I haven’t brewed in 6 weeks!

Doing 2 -1gal starters with wlp830 for festbier next weekend. Did a small batch with BIAB and was quite different than the normal RIMS. Kind of fun to brew differently. 2#s German Pilsner, .5#s Vienna, .5#s Munich. So far so good.

Just waiting for the sun to come up and ill punch out a Vienna lager and if I'm still making good time ill do a boring clone of a commercial swill for the lads at work .
I might wait a week to do an event beer for club in a month
With our national day of remembrance in mind its all Aussie and kiwi ingredients for a red IPA

Postponed the IPA until Tuesday. Life just got in the way.

Ugh. I hate when that happens!

hope it turns out a winner any tweeks on this one or left it as is?
Dropped all the crystal in favor of Munich and a touch of melanoidin. Adjusted hops back up to 25 IBUs. I did a test batch on the tweaks and liked it better so this is Anno 2018. Anno 2017 took two gold medals and I like this one better.

Brewed an American Wheat 50/50 wheat /pils but then added 7%midnight wheat. We call it Midnight Lemon Wheat. Close to a shandy with just a touch of roast. Yes color doesn't fit category but look what day it is! Should be light and crisp with plenty of yeast pitched, but BLACK.

Grains are weighed, crushed, hops are ready and waiting, all salts are in their little containers and I'm about to measure the water for a Mr. Freeze hoppy pale ale, brew days are great days!

I've managed to swing another brew day! Dont tell my wife!!
Pretty much ready to get started, grains, hops all ready, starter (salts will get weighed out soon). Doing my version of Sierra Nevada PA but as I was getting it all ready I noticed the "my inventory" didn't subtract the last 2-3 batches hops! So am short on Cascade, will have to toss in an oz of Centennial I guess

Last edited:
image.jpeg
I've managed to swing another brew day! Dont tell my wife!!
Pretty much ready to get started, grains, hops all ready, starter (salts will get weighed out soon). Doing my version of Sierra Nevada PA but as I was getting it all ready I noticed the "my inventory" didn't subtract the last 2-3 batches hops! So am short on Cascade, will have to toss in an oz of Centennial I guess

Not sure I'm going to make it past this hot break

spray bottle at the ready pops them boil over bubbles yep looks like fun:)

Brewed a red ale for a buddy tonight. my new burner went nuts and I boiled the hell out of it by accident. Still should be good beer though.

Brewed a red ale for a buddy tonight. my new burner went nuts and I boiled the hell out of it by accident. Still should be good beer though.
plenty of mailard reaction then:rolleyes: caramelisation...

Back