Hop Crop 2020

Vesparados

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
The isolation upside is that I was able to get my hop containers moved down from the deck to the ground. I strung the twine to the deck rail. I will set up the sprinklers tomorrow. This is their third year, so I am optimistic about a good crop.
Hops April 2020 1.jpg
Hops April 2020 2.jpg
Hops April 2020 3.jpg

How many varieties do you have there

Y'all makin' me jellieous there Bubba! Send some of that warm weather up north here...we had a scattered frost this morning.

What are you feeding them fertilizer wise??

Color coded pots: Terra Cotta are Cascade, light green are Centennial, Black are Styrian Golding, and dark green are Willemette. The last two years we fed them Miracle Grow, great the first year, then not so much the second year. This year I am giving them 13 13 13.

Color coded pots: Terra Cotta are Cascade, light green are Centennial, Black are Styrian Golding, and dark green are Willemette. The last two years we fed them Miracle Grow, great the first year, then not so much the second year. This year I am giving them 13 13 13.
Showoff!

Looks awesome.

I've got some 2020 Saaz and EKG waiting for me on the other side of the lockdown. Planted them at a mates farm last year and they were harvested over the last few weeks, just after they decided to quarantine themselves. Gives me a bit more time to work out how to put a hopback into my system.

Looks awesome.

I've got some 2020 Saaz and EKG waiting for me on the other side of the lockdown. Planted them at a mates farm last year and they were harvested over the last few weeks, just after they decided to quarantine themselves. Gives me a bit more time to work out how to put a hopback into my system.
Great time for them to quarantine themselves with that hop crop just completed lol you better hope they save you some ;)

Great time for them to quarantine themselves with that hop crop just completed lol you better hope they save you some ;)
Lucky they only brew kombucha and kefir. Though she is talking about dry hopped kombucha.

I think that we need an update on how "all your hops" are doing there vespa!

I think that we need an update on how "all your hops" are doing there vespa!
My wife reported that they are just starting to kick into gear, they are flowering and they are at the point where you can watch them climb! Unfortunately, I am out of town with work through next Tuesday. Photos next week...

Can't wait to see how doth your garden grow

My wife reported that they are just starting to kick into gear, they are flowering and they are at the point where you can watch them climb! Unfortunately, I am out of town with work through next Tuesday. Photos next week...
Yes please that pic at start of this thread looks top would love to see it full growth.

Easy now...

Mine are coming on, but nothing that looks like fruit yet. I'm also planning a change to the setup for next year to allow more room for the bines to grow and maybe get a couple of the smaller Korsta varietals to grow up sisal on either side of the porch.

Back