Home made pizza

Is that pineapple on that pizza? :mad:
Oh here we go BRING IT:D

Reminds me of an add i saw on TV last night.

An Italian woman walking down the street with a basket of tomatoes looks towards the Sky and exclaims "You Can't put Pineapple on the Pizza" and faints as it cuts to an Australian woman sprinkling Pineapple pieces on her pizza with her Quoting This is how we do Italian!

:D it was a Dolmio Tomatoe paste add.

Last edited:
Getting set up to make some pies tonight!
PXL_20230917_210442279.jpg

Anyone who likes pineapple on their pizza is no friend of mine. LOL

Anyone who likes pineapple on their pizza is no friend of mine. LOL

Just like using caramel malt In an IPA
You want to use it in your beer go a head who am I to judge if you like it like that.

Just like pineapple on pizza who cares!

Hey as long as your enjoying it then go ahead you do you and I'll do me ;).

I think that homemade pizza is the best that can be, you make it with love and add a lot of cheese

I made one last week using sourdough crust. First I stretched the dough, then put it atop a liberal application of corn meal, then built the pizza. Unfortunately the built pizza would not slide off of the peel, and I had a sticky mess on my hands. It still made it into the oven, where it made an even bigger mess, and then onto our plates. It tasted OK, better still a few days later.
Today, I’m getting back on the horse to try again with the second half of the sourdough. It will be better this time. Using homemade sourdough crust and pizza sauce made from our own tomatoes, smoked mozzarella, spicy Italian sausage, homegrown poblano pepper and some lobster mushroom that we found while hiking near Yachats.

I made one last week using sourdough crust. First I stretched the dough, then put it atop a liberal application of corn meal, then built the pizza. Unfortunately the built pizza would not slide off of the peel, and I had a sticky mess on my hands. It still made it into the oven, where it made an even bigger mess, and then onto our plates. It tasted OK, better still a few days later.
Today, I’m getting back on the horse to try again with the second half of the sourdough. It will be better this time. Using homemade sourdough crust and pizza sauce made from our own tomatoes, smoked mozzarella, spicy Italian sausage, homegrown poblano pepper and some lobster mushroom that we found while hiking near Yachats.
You sure those aren't magic mushrooms?

I just chuck the peal in the oven with the pizza when that happens 5 mins later I push if off onto the stone and get the peal back:D.

My wife has this unique twist where she makes a pizza topped with avocado. It's pretty straightforward: she uses a classic pizza dough, spreads a light layer of olive oil, and instead of tomato sauce, she mashes ripe avocados with a bit of garlic and lime juice as the base. Topped with some mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and a sprinkle of chili flakes, it's a refreshing change from the norm. The avocado gives a creamy texture that contrasts nicely with the crispy crust, and it's a different but delightful taste.

As much as I love her avocado pizza, there's something about the Pepperoni pizza from Costco that just hits the nostalgia for me. It's got that authentic pepperoni taste that takes me back to my childhood. Their cheese pizza isn't half bad either; it has a really intense cheese flavor. Just throw a look at this - it looks so delicious!

Just been balling some sourdough.
Gonna be a bit of a mission to get good dough going with daytime max of 42 oC (107 F)!
Fridge & fantasy to the rescue ;)

Back