Home made pizza

Granddaddy's Favorite... Pepperoni for the kids, a more complex pie for Grandmommy and me.
20200728_190847.jpg

That looks kick ass.

I did the pepperoni first: I'm heat soaking the pizza stone at 550 degrees for 30 mins. I didn't turn the oven up to broil before putting the pepperoni in, so the bottom came out a little soft. Here's the procedure that worked well: Soak the stone at 550 degrees for a half-hour. Then up it to broil for five minutes or so to get the stone as hot as possible. Bake the pizza on the stone for 5 mins, then turn up to broil again for 3. That's the procedure I used on the second pie and it worked wonderfullly - nice, firm, crisp base and toppings done perfectly.

I'm so juiced up atm that this Pizza Thread is killing me they all look great at the end of the session!
What's really interesting is all the different methods of getting to the finished pie. Many ways to skin a cat!

I did the pepperoni first: I'm heat soaking the pizza stone at 550 degrees for 30 mins. I didn't turn the oven up to broil before putting the pepperoni in, so the bottom came out a little soft. Here's the procedure that worked well: Soak the stone at 550 degrees for a half-hour. Then up it to broil for five minutes or so to get the stone as hot as possible. Bake the pizza on the stone for 5 mins, then turn up to broil again for 3. That's the procedure I used on the second pie and it worked wonderfullly - nice, firm, crisp base and toppings done perfectly.
The grandkids didn't mind the bit of doughiness in the pepperoni pie, and grandmommy and I got a really nicely baked one.

Looks great!

@Nosybear we have some doughy lovers here also...one being my wife. She loves all the doughs!
Pizza looks great! Grandkids are pizza disposal units, they aren't what you'd call connoisseurs. Wife and I prefer a more crispy bottom.

What's really interesting is all the different methods of getting to the finished pie. Many ways to skin a cat!
I think that no matter how you go about it, skinning cats is generally frowned upon.

Back