Hey, brewer, brewer!!

Not much chatter today, so I thought I’d resurrect this thread. When I got my Hydra chiller, I stopped using my counterflow chiller. I wasn’t convinced I could clean the 20’ of copper well enough to eliminate infection. I gave it to a friend who said he’d never use it. He didn’t. Since I got a Chugger pump, I asked for it back. Now I think I’m actually gonna buy some PBW and recirculate it during brew day, followed by StarSan, which I do have.

Currently about a thousand miles from my brew rig, we took the grandson into Mammoth Cave today. He was impressed.

Currently about a thousand miles from my brew rig, we took the grandson into Mammoth Cave today. He was impressed.
Nothing like a bit of caving i say except if youve had a heavy breakfast and develop a bit of umbearable wind:rolleyes::D. Not saying it happened to me but someone very dear to me LOL...

Not much chatter today, so I thought I’d resurrect this thread. When I got my Hydra chiller, I stopped using my counterflow chiller. I wasn’t convinced I could clean the 20’ of copper well enough to eliminate infection. I gave it to a friend who said he’d never use it. He didn’t. Since I got a Chugger pump, I asked for it back. Now I think I’m actually gonna buy some PBW and recirculate it during brew day, followed by StarSan, which I do have.
I thought you were a dawn dishsoap man followed by a chlorine bleach rinse Jeffpn?
What has happened to you mate that chugger pump seems to have you bending to the conventional wisdom of brewing PBW and Starsan:eek:. Your a new man...

I thought about pumping Dawn bubbles through my chiller! I just figured PBW would break everything up a little better. I’ll always use Dawn and bleach on carboys, etc.

I thought about pumping Dawn bubbles through my chiller! I just figured PBW would break everything up a little better. I’ll always use Dawn and bleach on carboys, etc.
Been using One-Step, then Star-San in the glass carboys. Recently purchased a carboy/keg washer and loving life now.

Back