Glitter Beer

When should Beer_Pirate toss in the sparkly stuff?

• Whirlpool

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • During Primary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kegging

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Beer should never sparkle

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
Just make sure your wife is there too, or you’ll have to explain where you got all that glitter on you!

so whats your verdict Pirate when you throwing the glitter in my option not on the selection list would be just sprinkle some on a freshly poured beer and if you want.that vortex type thing angle the pour across the top of glass and the liquid spins just like a whirlpool:p.

That actually had some great info on this topic! Thanks! Looks like I'll be adding it to the keg, carbing up, then flipping it over the morning we plan to drink it.
You will never get all the glitter out of kegging and serving area. Your brewery will have that sweet sparkle to it now

Haha!
Screenshot_20180401-102530_Gmail-1024x2105.jpg

I do a lot of small batch brewing, and this recently popped up as an offering from Brooklyn Brew Shop. I am tempted to combine a this kit into a GlitterBrew creation and dub it "Unicorn Stripper Dust"...

Attachments

• uni1.PNG
    uni1.PNG
    819.2 KB · Views: 124
  • uni2.PNG
    uni2.PNG
    892.6 KB · Views: 100
Rousing an old thread here, does anyone think that having about 10% flaked oats or wheat in the grist will help keep the dust in suspension or should I stick to a grist I know well and like?

I've done a couple high oat batches and haven't had any real haze issue, but I don't know about glitter.

Maybe if you use wheat beer yeast that doesn't floc too? I wonder if they make non flocculating glitter
I'm using S-04 to give the beer a little body. Wheat beer yeast would be nice, but I want this to be all about the hops. I'm using Mandarina Bavaria, Citra, Simcoe, and Mosaic. I think they'd get lost behind the banana and cloves.

I'm still wrapping my head about this being a real thing. I got a newsletter last week from a local brewery offering up a glitter beer. I need to keep my wife away from there for awhile!

Back