Glitter Beer

When should Beer_Pirate toss in the sparkly stuff?

• Whirlpool

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • During Primary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kegging

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Beer should never sparkle

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
I'm using S-04 to give the beer a little body. Wheat beer yeast would be nice, but I want this to be all about the hops. I'm using Mandarina Bavaria, Citra, Simcoe, and Mosaic. I think they'd get lost behind the banana and cloves.

I would imagine viscosity would make a difference in suspension so a Dextrin rich beer maybe? 04 should leave a little fluff but sounds like rousting the keg or bottle will be needed.

I would imagine viscosity would make a difference in suspension so a Dextrin rich beer maybe? 04 should leave a little fluff but sounds like rousting the keg or bottle will be needed.
Think I should throw half a pound of maltodextrin or some oats in there? It's about 5% abv and pale, so I don't want to chunk a bunch of caramel malts in there.

Think I should throw half a pound of maltodextrin or some oats in there? It's about 5% abv and pale, so I don't want to chunk a bunch of caramel malts in there.

I think I would mash on higher side and get it over with. The sooner the better so you might get rid of the sparkle before Christmas!

Had a little fun at my club meeting tonight. Sent this around.

5290A12F-CF99-42F0-9B1C-31B10E751352.jpeg
AAFF2D8D-0012-4C43-AEE4-8368D78527F0.jpeg
00501EF8-625F-4FCA-A518-A3B176C08180.jpeg

Ok. I'll admit. That one actually looks kinda cool.

Back