GLB Christmas Ale

Thanks JA, I am kegging, not bottling so not worried about bombs. I will double check the gravity, and taste it again on Friday. As long as it tastes okay, I will keg it, carb it up, and see what I have.

Reactions: J A
Thanks JA, I am kegging, not bottling so not worried about bombs. I will double check the gravity, and taste it again on Friday. As long as it tastes okay, I will keg it, carb it up, and see what I have.
A bunch of little bombs, one big bomb....

If the gravity hasn't changed between now and then, and it tastes okay, I would think it will be okay. My regulator will relieve/maintain whatever pressure it is set to, and the keg also has a relief valve.

If the gravity hasn't changed between now and then, and it tastes okay, I would think it will be okay. My regulator will relieve/maintain whatever pressure it is set to, and the keg also has a relief valve.
I would think so, even if high. I recently bottled an Oatmeal Stout that finished at 1.020, I was expecting 1.014, bottled it, no issues (so far). Sometimes the interaction between yeast and wort doesn't go exactly as planned....

Thanks, appreciate the responses guys ;)

Yep...kegging adds a layer of confidence when it comes to FG. Since you can crash it for clearing and keep it cold so that no further fermentation can take place, it's done when you say it's done :cool:
I know guys that will stop it short and crash if they feel like their yeast will over-attenuate for a particular style. I try to control for attenuation with mash and yeast strain and pitch size, etc and for the most part I can predict things within a point or two. Every now and then I'll have one that's particularly surprising but not often.
I bet yours will be quite fine. :)

Cheers to that

Cheers to that
Sounds to me you have a good beer going. Only thing I would add as a comment is be patient and don't rush it. This is not an IPA you need to drink tomorrow. Let that keg lager with co2 on it as long as you can. With intermittent tastings of course.:rolleyes:

Sounds to me you have a good beer going. Only thing I would add as a comment is be patient and don't rush it. This is not an IPA you need to drink tomorrow. Let that keg lager with co2 on it as long as you can. With intermittent tastings of course.:rolleyes:
Thanks, it does taste a little young, so I will try my best to ignore it for a couple of weeks. I have a winter ale in the fermenter now, I suspect that it will also be one that will need time to mature.

Not sure how this came out for you, but i know they use 1028 on a lot of their beers. Just sayin.
Brian

Thanks Brian
I will have one or two tonight, and share with a friend as well.
Craigerrr

Update
This tasted a little "young" at first, but after about a week in the keg it became frickin awesome! It was enjoyed and shared with many over the holidays, and received nothing but rave reviews. I will definitely be cuing this one up for next year!

Thanks again for all of the input and advice on this one folks, much appreciated!

Sadly, the keg burped last night, it's all gone now.

Craigerrr

:(i hate it when that happens

Back