Forum Update Scheduled for Tuesday, October 17 2023!

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I wanted to let you know that we are doing a software update tomorrow evening (at least, US Eastern time evening!) and so if you notice a brief outage of the forum, or a little hiccup, that is why. This is FORUM only, and will not affect your recipes or the software.

Hopefully you won't even notice an issue, but I wanted to give you all a heads up just in case.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or good recipes for venison.

Thank you!

Where did the little "Jump to Top" button go that was always on the bottom right of the screen? Very helpful, that. And the new emojis are a bit uninspiring.

Nobody likes change... ;)

Where did the little "Jump to Top" button go that was always on the bottom right of the screen? Very helpful, that. And the new emojis are a bit uninspiring.

Nobody likes change... ;)
its still there, but not anchored. you have to scroll a little for it to appear. (which kinda defeats the purpose) maybe its a setting @Yooper could change to make it there all the time?

its still there, but not anchored. you have to scroll a little for it to appear. (which kinda defeats the purpose) maybe its a setting @Yooper could change to make it there all the time?
Oooo...I see it now. It's camouflaged! It blends in with the black, bottom banner on the site.

Hi all. I wanted to let you know that we are doing a software update tomorrow evening (at least, US Eastern time evening!) and so if you notice a brief outage of the forum, or a little hiccup, that is why. This is FORUM only, and will not affect your recipes or the software.

Hopefully you won't even notice an issue, but I wanted to give you all a heads up just in case.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or good recipes for venison.

Thank you!
Kudos to your team for rolling out the update without issues!

Obviously we will all have to get used to the new interface, but I find it difficult to read on a mobile device. The old layout had better contrasting colors and highlighted threads for readability (in my opinion). Will there be a way for us to provide input for suggestions/changes of the new site? Thanks to you and all the mods for keeping this forum running!

Obviously we will all have to get used to the new interface, but I find it difficult to read on a mobile device. The old layout had better contrasting colors and highlighted threads for readability (in my opinion). Will there be a way for us to provide input for suggestions/changes of the new site? Thanks to you and all the mods for keeping this forum running!
and getting back to "new posts" from in a thread is not immediately appearant either.

Yes, please let's list the issues here in this thread and I'll collate and send to the big guy. Well, he's not actually big in size, but he's the important one around here. He listens to our suggestions for sure!

When viewing one's alerts, it would be nice to somehow differentiate the text for the user's name and the thread title. In the attached the font does not change. Nice-to-have.

When attaching images, it used to be less clunky.

Attachments

• F38859C0-322C-47AF-8F5B-FD95F74D982A.jpeg
    F38859C0-322C-47AF-8F5B-FD95F74D982A.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 40
It'd be nice to have a permanent "return to top" button that's a contrasting color to the background (like orange maybe? :))

Agreed with Don about the notification alerts

There's a lot of white space when scrolling on mobile. And yet despite the space, the smaller text is crammed in there and hard to differentiate.

I'll think of more specific feedback, but I really don't love the new aesthetic. I hate the homebrewtalk interface and that's all I see now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020-081356_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231020-081356_Chrome.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 42
I'm actually getting used to it ;)

So another nice-to-have:

When entering a thread not via New Posts, can the controls to skip to the last page be replicated at the top of the page?

So another nice-to-have:

When entering a thread not via New Posts, can the controls to skip to the last page be replicated at the top of the page?
They're is a "jump to new" button

Back