Forced Caronation

Correct , also main reason I use polyclar instead of gelly is that if disturbed it settles again much faster
ok will take that on board. thats why if.i ever do up grade to different keg system ill go a keezer that can fit a fair few less trub disturbance.
ill fill you in for example keg king do a 3 keggerator one keg at back two at front and therein lies the problem. if and when that keg at the back kicks youve gotta move another keg to get it out! hence why @jeffpn dont have this problem ( of keg disturbance).

im imagining a keezer top down style you just unhook blown keg lift her out and slab in next keg no one else gets disturbed:).

ok... one more question... regarding temperature. Is it better to wait to add pressure until the beer is cold or to add pressure at room temperature and then chill while it's carbonating?

Thanks

I'm not entirely sure it matters as it will absorb more CO2 while it chills. I usually hook up my pressure line outside my keezer to get something at least most of the way there when I don't have room.

You're certainly not going to do any damage to it, warm beer absorbs less CO2 than cold beer so it will be hard to over-carbonate.

ok... one more question... regarding temperature. Is it better to wait to add pressure until the beer is cold or to add pressure at room temperature and then chill while it's carbonating?

Thanks
Definitely when it’s colder it will absorb far better than when it’s warm

Back