For my 2nd Batch

Texas Ale Works

Premium Member
Reaction score
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/193451/irish-red-ale

I want to brew up my Irish Red Ale, this is scaled to my new system from an older brew day. This has always been one of my best brewed beers, but I am not sure if this is the base that I brew from....bad note taking....and not tracking version changes, yada yada yada.....

One thing I can say, is that the Sterling Hops really made a difference in my enjoyment of this beer.

I want to get this one perfected as best I can, so I can enter it in comps next year.

Please, any and all feedback is welcomed.

Youll have to brew it on your new system and then tweak it to suit is my only 2c look good to me.

Want to nail down a yeast for this beer, most of the time i just hit it with a dry pack of US05.

But have a few options floating in my head

Notty
Windsor
Danstar ESB
Fermentis S-23
MJ Liberty Bell
MJ Cal lager

MJ Cal lager and Windsor will sometimes under attenuate and finish sweet , Danstar ESB looks good for that beer

I've got an Irish Red going with S-04 fermented at 60-ish. Seems like it'll probably be pretty nice though it might hang a little high in the FG. I'd be tempted to do Notty as that was my other choice with mine. You're not over the top with Crystal so the Notty should give a nicely attenuated, crisp finish given your mash temp.

Think I am gonna use 1/2 MO and 1/2 pale...

Heading to the brew store in a day or two

Back