First ever brew completed

relax mate the yeast is doing its work. It has just hit the next stage in the yeast's life cycle this is normal. Here you will find this article helpful.
http://www.wyeastlab.com/fermentation

That is a good article to simply explain how yeasties work only dabbling at some of the different things you can do to change yeast influence in beer. Keep things simple for the first few batches to get your process down.
By the way if you really want to dive into water right away usually after "mash in" is the time to check and if necessary adjust PH. Different malts have different influence on PH.

I force oxygenated the wort for 1 minute, I'm sure it will recover, I would love to drink it now, I smells awesome.
You oxygenated after fermentation? My prediction is flavor of wet cardboard. You always want to keep oxygen out of the beer after fermentation starts to avoid staling.

When the yeast stalled I warmed it up a little bit at a time slowly over about 12 hour. And then I squirreled it to resuspend the east in the work without oxygenating it

Still super cloudy 3 days latter, I'll give it another day, if there isn't any activity, I'll pitch again, and go from there.

Problem solved, operator error. True was settled above my sample port. Thus looking like coffee with creamer. I even cold crashed a sample everything dropped out beautifully and it tastes exactly as I hoped.

No more worries, lesson learned.

Problem solved, operator error. True was settled above my sample port. Thus looking like coffee with creamer. I even cold crashed a sample everything dropped out beautifully and it tastes exactly as I hoped.

No more worries, lesson learned.

Where did you put the sample port on the fermenter vessel?

As instructed by fast fermentor 3 inches below the 1 liter line

Bottled yesterday, fg 1.015, it didn't go any lower for 4 days. Smells and tastes very good.

Newbie here, brewed my first time ever yesterday, been doing 6 months of research before taking on this endeavor spent a small fortune on my investment of my brewery, went strait into all grain, American Amber Ale og was 1.053, smooth brew day, no hiccups what so ever. I'm hooked, I'll post my fg in approx 2 weeks before I bottle it.
To early to tell if your hooked. Check back in 6 months if you lost your job your wife left you and you need to panhandle to buy your grains then you will know your hooked. Welcome to the support group

To early to tell if your hooked. Check back in 6 months if you lost your job your wife left you and you need to panhandle to buy your grains then you will know your hooked. Welcome to the support group
that sounds like a good country song

It sure does. put something about the tractor dieing and the dog running away and you will have the next big country hit

My horse ate my malt , kicked my dog and my truck broke down .....out here on the range

When I first started I would check my FV every 20 minutes , thought about putting a baby moniter next to my airlock to help me sleep but now I can ignore it for days at a time !

It sure does. put something about the tractor dieing and the dog running away and you will have the next big country hit
"I was drunk, the day my momma, got out of prison. And I went to pick her up, in the raiiiiiinnnn...." You know the rest.

Back