First ever brew completed

CRUNK

Trial Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, brewed my first time ever yesterday, been doing 6 months of research before taking on this endeavor spent a small fortune on my investment of my brewery, went strait into all grain, American Amber Ale og was 1.053, smooth brew day, no hiccups what so ever. I'm hooked, I'll post my fg in approx 2 weeks before I bottle it.

I did similar, however I started with extract brewing to get a feel for the process, trying different styles, hops, etc and now brewing my first high gravity Ale, a Wee Heavy Scotch Ale.
I did a lot of research prior to brewing and in the process of building up a whole grain system. Do not feel discouraged as you brew, I made a few mistakes along the way, makes the successes far more rewarding.

Not discouraged, I am very surprised, I expected to miss a few steps or something like that, I did 2 water tests at boil Temps to make sure my system has no leaks etc... I was heavy on the side of testing precautions looks like it paid off so far.

What sorta system you brewing with there crunk? Looks like your homework payed off mate:p. Enjoy

1 10 gallon cooler
1 15 boil kettle
Blichmann tower of power controller
March pump
Set up to operate just like the blichmann Brew easy system, just couldn't justify the actual system without knowing whether or not I would even enjoy brewing.

Your more set up them me there crunk and your only just starting all grain lol
You must have a good heating element in that kettle of yours eh?
So that power contrôlée controls boil does it control your mash temp?

And yes I have it set up as a rims so it constantly recirculates, controlling the mash, and the boil. I did a three step mash yesterday,

Nice setup and nice job on your first brew. Sounds like you nailed it.

Brew details
Screenshot_20170116-201517.png
Screenshot_20170116-201542.png

Each ramp up of the mash temperatures was 10 minutes, I followed all these details exactly hopefully this makes sense to everyone

Wow for a first brew you really did jump stright into the deep end there. And totally nailed it

Best of luck mate just keep an eye on the temp now let it get too hot and you will undo all your hard work

Temperature controlled room unless I loose power, in pennsylvania so we are in the midst of winter so temperature won't jump above 68 even with power loss.

Back