Finally going to start kegging

Discussion in 'Brewing Photos & Videos' started by jmcnamara, Jul 12, 2016.

1. jeffpn

jeffpn Well-Known Member

More or less, yes. It's a metal block with several fittings on it, each with a ball valve and a check valve. Each fitting can have a hose going to a different keg.

2. jmcnamara

jmcnamara Well-Known Member

Couldn't wait for my buddy tomorrow, so I filled one of the kegs and it's been carbing and chilling away for the past 3 hours or so.

Forgot to turn the regulator valve on for about an hour, first bone head move. Everything else seems to be going well. I've been taking the keg out, gently putting it down and rolling it bit every hour.

I know it's too early, but I can't help drawing off a pint when the wife gets home later.

I'm sure I'll be fiddling with it all, but this is a bit like going to BIAB or all grain, you can stumble through it successfully the first time but then endless tweaks after that to make it better

3. Ozarks Mountain Brew

Staff Member

IT Managment
    like a kid with new candy . good luck :mrgreen:

4. J A

J A Well-Known Member

If the beer's good and cold, it'll start holding carb in suspension pretty quickly. I'd limit samples to small glasses at first. A whole pint will go flat in the glass pretty quickly. It's really satisfying to get that first pour, though. :)