Finally going to start kegging

More or less, yes. It's a metal block with several fittings on it, each with a ball valve and a check valve. Each fitting can have a hose going to a different keg.

Couldn't wait for my buddy tomorrow, so I filled one of the kegs and it's been carbing and chilling away for the past 3 hours or so.

Forgot to turn the regulator valve on for about an hour, first bone head move. Everything else seems to be going well. I've been taking the keg out, gently putting it down and rolling it bit every hour.

I know it's too early, but I can't help drawing off a pint when the wife gets home later.

I'm sure I'll be fiddling with it all, but this is a bit like going to BIAB or all grain, you can stumble through it successfully the first time but then endless tweaks after that to make it better

jmcnamara said:
I know it's too early, but I can't help drawing off a pint when the wife gets home later.
If the beer's good and cold, it'll start holding carb in suspension pretty quickly. I'd limit samples to small glasses at first. A whole pint will go flat in the glass pretty quickly. It's really satisfying to get that first pour, though. :)

Back