Fermentation stop to fast (2nd time 2nd bach)

Theanks for your advices, Next batch will be sure way better, and next beter And next...
Today i give a try to my current batch,
I think is a little bit more foam and a little more dirty than it suppose to be but any way taste good and sure NOT INFECTED , this is my 7th batch but the 2nd which is drinkable!
First photo is first glass, second is after i shake the keg by mistake, it's really dusty
Cheers..!!
IMG_20240327_160401.jpg
IMG_20240327_170101.jpg

Theanks for your advices, Next batch will be sure way better, and next beter And next...
I think is a little bit more foam and a little more dirty than it suppose to be but any way taste good and sure NOT INFECTED , this is my 7th batch but the 2nd which is drinkable!
First photo is first glass, second is after i shake the keg by mistake, it's really dusty
Cheers..!!
View attachment 28895View attachment 28896
looks pretty good to me. give it another week or so in the keg, and it will clear up.

Agree. It will clear a lot in the keg, in a week or two.

Congratulations! Thr infection monster is tamed. But, he is always waiting for you, so use care!

Next: clear beer.

Clear enough for me ;)

Great to see you got drinkable beer

Cheers..!!
View attachment 28895View attachment 28896
That is a really nice looking beer you have there, very nice color! As others have said it will clear up, but if it doesn't clear up it doesn't really matter. How it tastes is all that really matters. Best to try not to disturb the keg if you don't have to.

I transferred my small 8 litre batch today and no more than about 500 ml slurry (which got re-used for the next brew, so I actually don't really care :) )
Here's a pic and you can see I can take out quite far below the spigot by using a auto siphon (fermenter was not angled)
IMG_20240329_094319_009.jpg

I transferred my small 8 litre batch today and no more than about 500 ml slurry (which got re-used for the next brew, so I actually don't really care :) )
Here's a pic and you can see I can take out quite far below the spigot by using a auto siphon (fermenter was not angled)
View attachment 28909
Reuse? Very interesting,
I was watching some videos today for yeast reuse, because I'm planning to brew a lager,
Yeast for lagers (s-23) is more expensive And i need the double amount of yeast!
For example i need 3,5€ for 20 liters ale beer but i need 9€ for a same batch of lager!
Any way i see your dust is different from mine, yours is like sea bottom mine like lake,i had alot of floating things wasn't separated liquid with other stuff.

Reuse? Very interesting,
I was watching some videos today for yeast reuse, because I'm planning to brew a lager,
Yeast for lagers (s-23) is more expensive And i need the double amount of yeast!
For example i need 3,5€ for 20 liters ale beer but i need 9€ for a same batch of lager!
Any way i see your dust is different from mine, yours is like sea bottom mine like lake,i had alot of floating things wasn't separated liquid with other stuff.
I would recommend that you rebrew the beer you did recently.
Work on your process, it will be easier to see your improvements if you rebrew the same beer a few, or even several times.

Have you been able to determine the batch size that will best work for your equipment?

I would recommend that you rebrew the beer you did recently.
Work on your process, it will be easier to see your improvements if you rebrew the same beer a few, or even several times.

Have you been able to determine the batch size that will best work for your equipment?
Yes,
My next batch I will brew 11,5 liters ( i have already the ingredients) i will make a wort with higher gravity and I will add water (boiled and cooled) until to reach the recipe OG.
I will try to make a good cold crush to throw away only a little of my beer

Mine was a wheat beer, whhich may account for some of the differences and I used Voss kveik

Re-using the slurry may be a good option for you. You brew often enough ;)

I agree with @Craigerrr : Try to brew the same, or close to the same beer a couple of times (maybe just changing hops)

Mine was a wheat beer, whhich may account for some of the differences and I used Voss kveik

Re-using the slurry may be a good option for you. You brew often enough ;)

I agree with @Craigerrr : Try to brew the same, or close to the same beer a couple of times (maybe just changing hops)
Nahh... i am a adventure guy, i really want to make a lager like calsberg, Heineken ect
apa is good but not my type.
the problem is that i need to have a good temperature control system for fermenting at 11-15 Celsius
but any way I'm working now on a temperature control system with copper pipes and pump connected to thermostat
soon i will post some pictures

Hello everyone.
Coming back disappointed, I dry hop today and i realised a infection again...
Wtf is happening
Is that infection??????
Taste not too good
That was the 4th batch
IMG_20240413_112028.jpg
IMG_20240413_112033.jpg

I don’t know, it looks like yeast rafts and break material to me.
What were your starting gravity and gravity before you dry hopped?
I don’t see much of a krausen ring in your bucket. So maybe something going on with your fermentation.

I don’t know, it looks like yeast rafts and break material to me.
What were your starting gravity and gravity before you dry hopped?
I don’t see much of a krausen ring in your bucket. So maybe something going on with your fermentation.
OG was 1055 today gravity 1012 recipe target 1013, everything was good on fermentation process

I would let it ride another week. If it is infection, it will get alot worse. If is isn't, it will clear and you will have beer.

Please take this as constructive criticism, but patience is a virtue! Stop opening your fermentor and looking. Everytime you do, you introduce oxygen and any bacteria in the air to the beer. Once active fermentation is done, there are still alot of things for the yeast to do. Let it sit another week.

Last edited:
I'm worried about those white things, look like spider web ️ looks like infection,
My bucket was smelling very intense beer from previous batch before I clean it, but after cleaning smell was still there, not sure after sanitize (not smell it)
If is this a new infection i think I need to replace my bucket, can't give any explanation, 3 of 4 batches infected, cleaning and sanitize everything.. Probably my fermentation bucket is to bad or I'm a bad at cleaning,
Thinking to buy a glass vessel 20 liters, same as you all guys use,
What's your opinion
IMG_20240413_171528.jpg

Don't buy glass!!!!!
@Craigerrr will tell you why.

And I agree with @Minbari:
Stop opening that bucket. Let it ride!

Yeast initially needs oxygen to grow, but thats only a limited time. After that, oxygen is a no no.
Everytime you open up the bucket, you run the risk of something innfecting it.

Get your wort in the fermenter, pitch yeast. Then leave it be. At least 7-10 days.
Better still: 2 weeks. Then, if it is an ale, check gravity and bottle or keg

Don't buy glass!!!!!
@Craigerrr will tell you why.

And I agree with @Minbari:
Stop opening that bucket. Let it ride!

Yeast initially needs oxygen to grow, but thats only a limited time. After that, oxygen is a no no.
Everytime you open up the bucket, you run the risk of something innfecting it.

Get your wort in the fermenter, pitch yeast. Then leave it be. At least 7-10 days.
Better still: 2 weeks. Then, if it is an ale, check gravity and bottle or keg
I open it for dry hop!! Now I'm on day 9 or 10
Why not glass?? I think will clean a lot better
Can't throw another batch... I spent a lot of money to quit now..
Co2 bottle, refrigerator, keg, pressure regulator etc......
But this is not about money, i think you know the feeling of throwing the beer..
So many days waiting And nothing

But this is not about money, i think you know the feeling of throwing the beer..
Glass is very dangerous, very slippery when wet.
My injury was very minor, but took months to heal.
Try this google search...
https://www.google.com/search?sca_e...kFHYJJDW8Q0pQJegQIChAB&biw=1657&bih=933&dpr=1

Just try a simple beer.
No dry hop, nothing special so you know what you are doing and aiming for.
Then fine tune and brew it again.

I still use a bucket sometime, still have no fancy set up.
I had to dump 1 batch because of infection and 1 because temperature was too high during fermentation.
Out of about 100 batches.
Not all perfect, but very drinkable

Back