Fermentation stop to fast (2nd time 2nd bach)

So it's official
This is the bottom of my fermentation bucket!
I tried alot to match lighting so to be visible on camera
By hand I can't feel those scratches is not deep but I think this can be house for bacteria???
View attachment 29113View attachment 29114View attachment 29115View attachment 29116
Yep.

Even in stainless scratches are the enemy. They provide a place for the dirt to build up and not get cleaned out by scrubbing or chemicals.

You can always use hot water to sanitize before you knock out. Just be careful.

So it's official
This is the bottom of my fermentation bucket!
I tried alot to match lighting so to be visible on camera
By hand I can't feel those scratches is not deep but I think this can be house for bacteria???
View attachment 29113View attachment 29114View attachment 29115View attachment 29116
That is very possible
When cleaning always use a soft cloth, and don't store anything inside your new bucket, including, don't slide other buckets inside of it for storage.
Plastic will take on the smell of beer, and hops, but that shouldn't cause any problems.

My adventure continues,
The bucket i brought have leak from the lid.
I tight it but the leak continues, probably bad construction....
I use this food plastic tape to seal it and it works, i have now active air trap.
Question is, the fermentor was about 30 hours like that, what is the possibility to infected the wort?
IMG_20240424_222441.jpg

My adventure continues,
I use this food plastic tape to seal it and it works, i have now active air trap.
Question is, the fermentor was about 30 hours like that, what is the possibility to infected the wort?
View attachment 29211
During active fermentation you are likely fine. As it will have some positive pressure.

My adventure continues,
View attachment 29211
Almost zero chance. The yeast was pushing out CO2, nothing can get in.

Back