FAQ Section?

Definately need to consider this but will require plenty of discussion and consideration. There are tons of times new brewers begin there question with "I searched for this but couldn't find any info on this so my question is........." If done right this could really make it a more enjoyable experience for new users and old. But needs to be kept simple and doable for mods who carry a huge load already IMO. I like the initial layout by @Craigerrr. Yooper was correct in not jumping and running with this. This could be a great enhancement if done properly for all, encouraging new brewers and reminding old. The admin' s could maybe help with some of the structuring too.
The beginnings of this could be as simple as creating a sub form called "Brewing FAQ's", and then creating a Thread in it called Brewing FAQ's that is open only to the mods. It could simply say, Future FAQ section under construction. I am assuming that Mods can edit a post anytime the want.

So, you click here:
FAQ Menu.JPG

And it takes you to this post which is closed to users.
Think of this as an index for FAQ's, which takes you to FAQ Subjects.
Again, it doesn't all have to happen at once, it can be built over time without a grandiose effort by the Mods.
FAQ Post.JPG

When Nosy says, hey here is a good thread to post about fermentation and bubbles and such, there may be better threads than this, but it is the first one I found.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/airlock-stopped-after-2-days.12450/

Priceless says, good call Nosy, I will add this to the FAQ list under Fermentation / Airlock Activity.
so the above post is edited as follows:
FAQ Post 2.JPG

When you click on the hyper link it takes you to the following page.
I took the liberty of picking another thread as well.
FAQ Fermentation Post.JPG

The link then just takes you to an existing thread on the subject.
This also lends itself to having hyperlinks to external sources, including Dr. Hans videos, or Brulosophy experiments.

Priceless, lookin good there buddy!

Having noticed a couple of active threads about water treatment recently with some good content, I thought I would give this Feature Idea thread a bump:D

Back