Everything Bagel Seasoning

Adding Everything Bagel Seasoning to boil or secondary?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also thank you all for the input, much appreciated and helpful.

I hope you take the light ribbing in the spirit it's offered, TrailTrash. JA excepted, we're really a pretty friendly bunch.... We've seen lots of novelty ideas come and go. Best advice I can give is go for it and prove us wrong. I think most of my ideas have been covered by myself and others so good luck with it.
Where did my emoji go? Smily face after "JA excepted"....

Reactions: J A
A little light ribbing is always fine by me. Believe me I make a lot of traditional beers as well. Just wanted to try this one for the novelty of it. Thought it sounded interesting and wanted to see how I could make it work. My thoughts are this, I’m going to just use poppy and sesame seeds, toasted and crushed and add at 5mins. I don’t want an overbearing flavor to hit you in the face with dried garlic and onion. I just want the seeds to come through. Chose an ESB for its yeasty/bread characteristics and added some biscuit malt as well. I’m actually doing a Kölsch this weekend. I’m doing the ESB next month with a buddy.
You'd get a more "bread-like" base (bagel flavor) from something like an American Wheat.... Just a suggestion!

Some yeasts can give a breast flavor as well... White labs Aussie ale for one as well as some British ones.
This beer actually sounds interesting. But I like trying stuff. I'd go light with the spices and then taste it. You can always add more. Can't remove it as easy.

Some yeasts can give a breast flavor as well... White labs Aussie ale for one as well as some British ones.
This beer actually sounds interesting. But I like trying stuff. I'd go light with the spices and then taste it. You can always add more. Can't remove it as easy.

Breast flavor? What strains of yeast? Might be something I'd like to try!

Where did my emoji go? Smily face after "JA excepted"....
Almost certainly assumed by anyone who's familiar with my charming witticisms. :)
OTOH, perhaps taken at face value by anyone who's familiar with my charming witticisms. :D
Which one's the "Smartass" emoji? :D

Almost certainly assumed by anyone who's familiar with my charming witticisms. :)
OTOH, perhaps taken at face value by anyone who's familiar with my charming witticisms. :D
Which one's the "Smartass" emoji? :D
I think you found it. Let's move on to the breast flavor, shall we? There's more heckling to be done....

Indeed. Somehow I never associated breast flavor with funk. Ah, the innocence of my childhood....

Auto correct always changes bready to breast. It doesn't change bread but it doesn't like the y at the end

How did it end up buddy?
Its on its 3rd week of fermentation right now, actually. I did a few other batches before this one. I did take a gravity reading and took a sip of it the other day. Didnt get as much of the seed flavor as I had hoped, but we will see what its like after fermentation is complete, and its carbed and chilled. The beer itself (seeds aside) is damn good though!

We had a guy bring a Umami beer to Homebrew Night a while ago. It was a beer, pedigree unknown and undetectable, with shitake mushrooms and miso paste. And it was quite literally the worst well-brewed beer I've ever had - imagine drinking miso soup with crackers. High points for creativity, though, and ditto that for the "everything bagel" spices!

High points for creativity, though
I just got back from 2 weeks in the NW and had a couple dozen of the best IPAs, Pales and Blondes you can get as well as the best Pilsner this side of Prague (seriously, good as it gets)...You can keep your "creative" beers as far as I'm concerned. :D :D :D

I just got back from 2 weeks in the NW and had a couple dozen of the best IPAs, Pales and Blondes you can get as well as the best Pilsner this side of Prague (seriously, good as it gets)...You can keep your "creative" beers as far as I'm concerned. :D :D :D
Roger that.

You can keep your opinions as far as Im concerned :p

Back