EROICA hops

There's a bbq place near me that serves chicken wings with a glaze that uses hops. Not sure what kind they use, but it's a thought

jmcnamara said:
There's a bbq place near me that serves chicken wings with a glaze that uses hops. Not sure what kind they use, but it's a thought

Well, i boiled a half oz of Eroica leaves for 10 min with my kraft easy mac box, and mixed that shit up. a half ounce probably wasn't the best idea, because it's hoppy. Like suuuper hoppy. goodtimesbrewing was had today. I'll see how it is cold later, and probably add some garlic and Worcestershire sauce or something.

oliver said:
jmcnamara said:

Well, i boiled a half oz of Eroica leaves for 10 min with my kraft easy mac box, and mixed that shit up. a half ounce probably wasn't the best idea, because it's hoppy. Like suuuper hoppy. goodtimesbrewing was had today. I'll see how it is cold later, and probably add some garlic and Worcestershire sauce or something.

You should have used the recipe calculator to check the IBU's first!

that makes way too much sense. I did the IBU check AFTER i made it. Results are as follows.

.25 boil size, .50oz at 12AA for 10 minutes, 253 IBUS.. MMMMM.

tiny little buds these gals are. Tiny little leaf snuck in which i only noticed after transferring.. Many beer related activities today. (edit: can't upload photo, board quota reached..)

LHBS didn't have Golden Promise, but he sold me on Maris otter, and said something about eagles? 5lbs Maris Otter, .25oz Eroicas at 60, and 20. Finished at 1.054. Going to dry hop .50oz in a couple weeks.

edit: edit:
12711012_10153855549284299_6069669779391090133_o.jpg

to dry hop with or not? Any input? Betas are 3.0 - 5.3, and i'll lose a little bit of liquid by dry hopping with whole leaves... Worth it?? It'll definitely clog my thief and especially my bottler.

Back