Dry Kolsch yeast?

A kolsch is basically a helles with a different yeast.
Yep. And there are several variations of it in Cologne. As with any beer "style", there is a range of acceptable variation. With Kolsch (sorry, too lazy to find the umlaut), it can range from very pils-like to noticeably ale-like. I like the more ale-like variations, as long as they don't go too far, just so I know I'm not drinking a Helles.

Yep. And there are several variations of it in Cologne. As with any beer "style", there is a range of acceptable variation. With Kolsch (sorry, too lazy to find the umlaut), it can range from very pils-like to noticeably ale-like. I like the more ale-like variations, as long as they don't go too far, just so I know I'm not drinking a Helles.

For sure and I like the lager like variants. Because well.. I am a pale lager guy.

Here is my house Kolsch.

27459394_1064791016996831_5778194302738762351_n.jpg

Close your eyes while you take a sip and you are in Koln.
That is one fine looking beer!
(...and even in the proper 0.2L glass)
:)

Is the propper kolsh glass a Stange?
Yep ripper beer.
How to mash in incorporating low o2 intake from bottom as your article calls for?

My o2 mitigation is aluminum foil mash cap:rolleyes:.

Boil and cool water before brewing with it. Cap, as you say. Blanket with inert gas. Don't splash. Lots of little steps.

Damned science guys going off on a tangent. Ok I'll try 34/70 next time. Though I will admit the Kveik "Kolsch" fermented at 28C turned out extremely nice.

When oxygen is excluded is also does not make cara malts cloying sweet, it makes them to be beer enhancing without a sickly sweetness.
My ears are perking up at this. ;)

Back