Does the recipe editor adjust the water chemistry based on the grain bill?

HunchOnBeer

Trial Member
Reaction score
I put in my water in the water calculator and then played with the salt additions to get to my targets. I then began my recipe and linked to the water I had created. In the recipe tool, water chemistry section, there is a line "overall water report" and I had blown way past all my targets. I'm guessing that it uses the properties of the grain bill to adjust the overall water. To get it back in line, I had to significantly reduce the salts I was going to add.

I'm just not sure if I am understanding this right or not.

I'm brewing in the morning so I still have time to loop back and add all the salts I originally planned to before building the recipe.

Help!

I put in my water in the water calculator and then played with the salt additions to get to my targets. I then began my recipe and linked to the water I had created. In the recipe tool, water chemistry section, there is a line "overall water report" and I had blown way past all my targets. I'm guessing that it uses the properties of the grain bill to adjust the overall water. To get it back in line, I had to significantly reduce the salts I was going to add.

I'm just not sure if I am understanding this right or not.

I'm brewing in the morning so I still have time to loop back and add all the salts I originally planned to before building the recipe.

Help!
No I think you've done it backwards.
Make recipie first once happy with it in the recipie go down to water section then click the edit button and it will take you to water chemistry page where you then select your salts acid ect to get your desired water profile then go back to recipie page and click the update recipie and it will pull in all your salts acid ect and add them to the recipie.
Screenshot_20190525-130822_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back