Craigerrr's Travels

Thanks Ben, we have just happened to accidentally find our new favorite park, and scoped out a couple of sites right on the water for a return visit next year! Just got back from the Dog beach, Ruby the big dumb golden had a great time fetching her ball!
Now, Cit Ruby Cit!
View attachment 10641
View attachment 10642
Ah dogs make for a great times down the beach looks like you are all having a.great time of it.
Hey did you take a portable brew keg with you this time Craig?
What did you do about beer supplies or you just bought local where you go?

Jerry's up the road about 20 minutes has 24's of Corona, and 15 packs of Bud Light lime. Next nearest craft brewer is better than an hour away. Surviving on a lot of favorite commercial craft brews that happened have stowed away on this trip!

Last edited:
Jerry's up the road about 20 minutes has 24's of Corona, and 15 packs of Bud Light lime. Next nearest craft brewer is better than an hour away. Surviving on a lot of favorite commercial craft brews that happened have stowed away on this trip!

Bud Light Lime??? It's talk like that could get you banned from this forum @Craigerrr! :p

Corona, lots of lime, and salt are a must for me when galavanting around in the wilderness. A bottle of Jack and some tekilla help ward off wild forest beasts.

I drove the canoe, she fished, caught a few nice Largies! Catch and release.
IMG_9462.jpg

Love the pictures @Craigerrr! They remind me of camping with the family as a child and young adult. Those pictures your son took are phenominal!

That is a "Common Loon" It is so cool to hear them early in the morning when you are out on the lake. You will never see them on land, their feet are more for propelling them through the water. Here is a little info about them:
The Common Loon is a large bird, weighing between six to 14 pounds, and has an average wingspan of 41–52 inches. Their legs are situated way back on their bodies which helps them propel and swim easily underwater, but makes it difficult to walk on land. In fact, loons only go on land to mate and incubate their eggs.

Loons are great swimmers. They swim underwater to catch and eat their prey. Unlike other birds whose bones are air-filled (pneumatized), loons have dense bones. This extra weight helps them dive deep underwater…sometimes as deep as 250 feet to search for food. Loons can stay underwater for up to five minutes.

And what exactly do loons eat? Fish. Lots and lots of fish…about two pounds a day. Loons also eat invertebrates like crayfish and aquatic insects like dragonflies.

Learn something new everyday! Never seen a loon before. I don't know if I've ever heard of one either. I must live under a rock!

They are migratory waterfowl, they hang out in the northern US, and Canada in the summer, not 100% sure, but I think they winter in Mexico, so you would likely never see them in Colorado.

Back