Covid

I had it before I was vaccinated, hard to breath for a while and lost my taste but recovered then got vaccinated trice and after about 4 months developed a bad coughing cold that lasted for 3 weeks, anyone have that ?

If there is a light at the end of the Covid tunnel, it's only the tiniest pin prick. Unfortunately most ICU beds around here are filled with unvaccinated Covid patients. I just hope I, or my loved ones, don't have a sudden need of an ICU bed (car accident, heart-attack, etc.) because there aren't many available!

I hear you there sir, that is certainly an issue, I hope I didn't come across as being glib about this subject.
Cases are rising quickly here too. Recoveries are happening quickly as well though. We are fortunate to only have 7 people in ICU's, and 48 in total hospitalized as of today in our region of 600,000+ with three major hospitals. Hopefully the majority of cases are mild like with the several people I know personally who have been infected and recovered in a matter of days.

I had it before I was vaccinated, hard to breath for a while and lost my taste but recovered then got vaccinated trice and after about 4 months developed a bad coughing cold that lasted for 3 weeks, anyone have that ?
Nobody I know has reported something like that. There are other flu bugs going around though. My son (the blood son) was pretty sick leading up to Christmas. After multiple rapid tests were negative, he went for a PCR test, and it was also negative.
Did you lose sense of taste and smell on the second illness?

Nobody I know has reported something like that. There are other flu bugs going around though. My son (the blood son) was pretty sick leading up to Christmas. After multiple rapid tests were negative, he went for a PCR test, and it was also negative.
Did you lose sense of taste and smell on the second illness?
I could breath fine but yes my taste was off a bit, beer didn't taste right but coughed violently if any drainage went down my throat, it was not pleasant

Got my very first covid test today, after a buddy tested positive. I feel fine, but the Mrs. insisted.

Having had serious sinus surgery many years ago, that cotton swab didn't faze me.

Now to wait for the results, 1 to 3 days.

My SO's coworker tested positive. She was continuing to go to work because she "doesn't believe in sick days." I'm fucking exhausted by selfish people. SO might miss a family gathering this weekend, and my nephew's bday party is this weekend. Trying to find rapid or PCR tests and coming up very empty handed.

Get the fucking vaccine, wear a mask, and stay 6 feet away from anyone not in your household. Please.

How many people has she gotten sick with colds and various other flu like diseases in the past with that attitude?

Got my very first covid test today, after a buddy tested positive. I feel fine, but the Mrs. insisted.

Having had serious sinus surgery many years ago, that cotton swab didn't faze me.

Now to wait for the results, 1 to 3 days.
I have everything crossed for you sir!
Fingers, toes, legs, and eyes!

Today's numbers from the region indicate recoveries are outpacing new infections by 2:1, at least for the day. Sadly, there are two new fatalities reported today. There is no indication of what variant they may have had, what their health conditions were, or whether they were vaccinated or not. There are still two families going through the worst situation today.

I had the nasty cold that OMB mentioned above. Two negative covid test 3 days apart but needed 10 days of antibiotics to get the thick green phlegm out of my lungs.

Today is the highest numbers we've had so far and we're at less than half the previous testing capacity, so that's terrifying. Plus side my work from home has been extended indefinitely which only makes sense, half my staff are on another continent so why does it matter where I'm sitting?

Even before this my boss and I were on the same page about working while sick, we have the ability to work from home so if you feel off stay the hell home and don't spread it around. It drives me nuts when someone shows up half dead at work just to prove how tough they are. Not being allowed is a completely different story, but having the capacity to not come in because you're sick and still doing it just grinds my gears something fierce.

I both agree with you Hawkbox and have to admit being that guy sometimes. Especially when my kids were little I would go to work and sit quietly in my cubicle when sick because I could get more rest there than at home!

I wish I could share your optimism @Craigerrr:
Screenshot_20220104-232905_Instagram.jpg

And here's the hospital capacity data lately. Red dots have 0-25% inpatient bed capacity available
Screenshot_20220104-233359_Chrome.jpg

Back