Cost

BenBe

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a way, on brewersfriend.com to add the cost of every ingredient to get the final cost of our beer, per liter, oz or bottle?

Only way I've done it is to track the price of the ingredients and add everything up to get the batch cost. You could make notes in the inventory section if you keep ingredients on hand but if you buy one recipe at a time, it's easy.
Mostly ingredients is the smallest part of the equation. Equipment costs, even amortized over many batches, can be pretty high and if you computed even a small cost for labor per hour, it'd add up in a hurry.
It is sort of nice to be able to know that you brewed a case of beer for $5-$10, though. :)

That would work locally. I'd imagine there'd be a huge variation in ingredient cost worldwide, or even between the saturated Denver market for homebrew supplies and, say Durango where Denver may be the closest shop. You'd have to add in your own costs and again, how? Are you buying grain by the pound, ounce, bag? How about hops where I can get a pound of Magnum for the cost of 4 ounces, repackaged? My take on the request is there would be too many variables to track on a site like Brewer's Friend; however, a simple spreadsheet at home could do the trick.

Reactions: J A
I think in tge inventory section you could input your grain/kg price or hops /100g price and then so when you press the Brew button for the recipie and it asks if you want to deduct from your inventory it will then give you a brew price based on your inventory prices? A lot of maths but hey im not the number man:rolleyes:.

Back