Community recipe?

Is it too soon to think about the next recipe? In January I'd like to try the Black Butte Porter recipe that @BrewPatagonia recently posted, if anyone else is interested in something like that :)
I'm already doing a porter so I'd be in if I can use what I already have on hand

Is it too soon to think about the next recipe? In January I'd like to try the Black Butte Porter recipe that @BrewPatagonia recently posted, if anyone else is interested in something like that :)
The Nautical Star is not far off a Porter - I'd prefer going a slightly different direction. Something light? I mean in color, not alcohol....

The Nautical Star is not far off a Porter - I'd prefer going a slightly different direction. Something light? I mean in color, not alcohol....
That's fair. A lot of members recently did Janet's Brown as well, maybe the next community recipe should be under 8-9 SRM?

With summer under full swing here stouts and porters aren't top of the list wheat beer kolsch pilsner blond ale are though...:rolleyes:.

I dont know who wants to put their hand up to kick the year off with the community beer recipe?

Its gotta be the favorite homebrew beer you like to brew/drink and a.bit of a speal about why you rate it so much. Different tweeks you may have done to get the beer where it is now.

Added some Dextrine then spaced it and didn’t reduce the Pilsner, bumped up everything else to balance it out. Unfortunately the Digiboil only holds so much water...looking like this’ll be a little “shadier” than usual. OG is “only” .015 high...on the plus side, I have a pretty good supply of Shady Bohemian in the keezer already.

I'm ready to start subbing in DME to replace some of the base malt for bigger beers. Trying to keep the sparge volume to at least 2 gallons. Will post results after the first trial run.

That's fair. A lot of members recently did Janet's Brown as well, maybe the next community recipe should be under 8-9 SRM?
My last 3 brews have been blondes/pales so I'm good with a darker style. I'm willing to try anything once though

With summer under full swing here stouts and porters aren't top of the list wheat beer kolsch pilsner blond ale are though...:rolleyes:.

I dont know who wants to put their hand up to kick the year off with the community beer recipe?

Its gotta be the favorite homebrew beer you like to brew/drink and a.bit of a speal about why you rate it so much. Different tweeks you may have done to get the beer where it is now.
Kolsch is a great style! An ale that drinks like a lager with just a kiss of fruity esters, doesn't have to be fermented ice-cold and it's for all practical purposes a SMASH beer (Pilsner malt, Spalt hops, maybe some wheat if desired to get a nice pillowy head on it). Thougts?

Kolsch is a great style! An ale that drinks like a lager with just a kiss of fruity esters, doesn't have to be fermented ice-cold and it's for all practical purposes a SMASH beer (Pilsner malt, Spalt hops, maybe some wheat if desired to get a nice pillowy head on it). Thougts?
And for those of us with 34/70 in stock with this shady Boh itll do just nicely with this style too:rolleyes:.

Well I've got my fair share of Kolsch recipes but maybe we should deliberate on this a bit more.
See what the other brewing knowledge on here recommend.
Maybe we need to do a Zoom taste session on the Bulin beer first too.
Maybe then we can nail down a brewer of the Month /Quarter who would like to put forth their favourite bevvy...?

I'm game...if we are going to keep rolling with members best recipes, who has a good one to contribute? Definitely down with a lighter "spring/summer" style beer.

Maybe a Maibock? It could lager until North American Spring for those who wish

Last edited:
And for those of us with 34/70 in stock with this shady Boh itll do just nicely with this style too:rolleyes:.

Well I've got my fair share of Kolsch recipes but maybe we should deliberate on this a bit more.
See what the other brewing knowledge on here recommend.
Maybe we need to do a Zoom taste session on the Bulin beer first too.
Maybe then we can nail down a brewer of the Month /Quarter who would like to put forth their favourite bevvy...?
We do need a zoom taste session for sure. I’m in to make a community recipe anytime we do it.

I'm ready to make something pale. Last year I made a Cream of 3 Crops cream ale. It was beautiful & disappeared post haste. A lovely Session beer at 4.8% ABV. Lovely gold with a tight white beady head.
It's in the Recipes section but I couldn't figure out how to copy the path.

Last edited:
My Shady Bohemian won't be ready untilmid January.

Well dont leave it too long :p or the keg will kick before the taste session:D!

I'm up for a Kolsch.
I just got my Weyermann Cologne malt in last week.

Back