Brewing with Ceoliac Disease

Hey Ben, sorry to hear, but if you can be healthy, that's going to be the best.
It sounds like you have a challenge ahead of you with both figuring this out and gluten free brewing. I'm sure you'll accomplish both!
If you're only intolerant, the Clarity-Ferm mentioned above has had amazing results and should be explored.
Good luck and keep us updated!
Cheers!

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I also found this:
Gluten-Free Craft Malt | Craft Beer & Brewing (beerandbrewing.com)
Thankyou yes Mark recommended one that's in Australia only thing is your base sorgum or Millet is 16ish dollar/ kg and my understanding is you don't get as great conversion and you need the enzymes to do conversion for you as well.
We're so lucky with barley that everything is there for conversion to happen.

That one mark suggests do kits and also their beer is available here in some bottle shops so I'll probably start there in the New year.

I'm going to get some Iron infusion today

Mangrove Jack has a glutenfree extract beer. Might be good to start out with to get to understand the tastes/flavours :)

Ginger beer, from just ginger, sugar and lemons?
There's a whole load of new stuff to discover:p

Good luck with your appointment today!

Mangrove Jack has a glutenfree extract beer. Might be good to start out with to get to understand the tastes/flavours :)

Ginger beer, from just ginger, sugar and lemons?
There's a whole load of new stuff to discover:p

Good luck with your appointment today!
Yup for sure as well as more primitive cider;).

Yeah got some more Iron in the viens.
The DR said cut down but don't cut out gluten completely for now so this is great.
It'll give me time to work in gluten free foods in my diet and also consume my 60lt or so of HB in the meantime.

Actually thinking of doing a bit of a Christmas give away bundle.

I've got brown ale ginger beer and two types of NZ Pilsner on tap so I'd be happy if I got a 750 ml of each .

Oh, man. That's a tough break @Trialben . Hope you can figure a way forward for a healthy lifestyle - including beer!

I know zero about GF beer so have no practical insights or helpful advice. We are seeing more of them over here though and I'm always curious about them, will watch your brewing journey with interrest.

Good luck buddy :)

Oh, man. That's a tough break @Trialben . Hope you can figure a way forward for a healthy lifestyle - including beer!

I know zero about GF beer so have no practical insights or helpful advice. We are seeing more of them over here though and I'm always curious about them, will watch your brewing journey with interrest.

Good luck buddy :)
Cheers yup 1-2% of the beer market so not alot of buying power ...

Cheers yup 1-2% of the beer market so not alot of buying power ...

A route to beer at least though? Imagine having beer snatched away completely. No more beer. Ever.

Yup I've had some crap info come my way over the last few days it's not confirmed yet but I'v most likely got Coeliac Disease.

Sux right?!

That f%#@!% sucks Ben!! I hate to think of how hard it would be if I had to stop brewing and drinking beer. I'm glad so many have given you plenty of gluten reduced/free sources. Not bad for imaginary friends! :D Keep us posted on your successes and failures on that front. My nephew was recently diagnosed with Celiac's as well. I told him I'll look into GF beers for him. More importantly however, I'm really glad you know what's wrong and what to do. Hopefully the iron infusion will give you a quick boost back to your normal self.

That f%#@!% sucks Ben!! I hate to think of how hard it would be if I had to stop brewing and drinking beer. I'm glad so many have given you plenty of gluten reduced/free sources. Not bad for imaginary friends! :D Keep us posted on your successes and failures on that front. My nephew was recently diagnosed with Celiac's as well. I told him I'll look into GF beers for him. More importantly however, I'm really glad you know what's wrong and what to do. Hopefully the iron infusion will give you a quick boost back to your normal self.
From what I've noticed is more readily available in US veriety wise when it comes to malted rice/Millet/Sorgum ect then Aus we have a few retailers.

Thanks Barbi the iron will take a bit to kick in I really didn't know much was wrong until the dr gave me the prognosis well maybe I was getting good at ignoring all the symptoms ;).

Late to the party, traveling.
@Trialben sorry to hear, but super glad you know what it is. We've been (mostly) gluten-free for almost 10 years now. Wifey and older daughter have low tolerance, but not full Celiac. Several cousins are.

You will find that food will sort itself. There are a lot of options these days.

Beer is not entirely gluten-free, but you will learn that there are several different glutens, and some do not cause Celiac symptoms. Meaning the barley and wheat days may be over, but there's still a lot out there for you.

This is an excellent opportunity to learn a few great GF beers, learn to love cider and wine and maybe even Gin & Tonic...

And, goes without saying, we're all here for you.

Late to the party, traveling.
@Trialben sorry to hear, but super glad you know what it is. We've been (mostly) gluten-free for almost 10 years now. Wifey and older daughter have low tolerance, but not full Celiac. Several cousins are.

You will find that food will sort itself. There are a lot of options these days.

Beer is not entirely gluten-free, but you will learn that there are several different glutens, and some do not cause Celiac symptoms. Meaning the barley and wheat days may be over, but there's still a lot out there for you.

This is an excellent opportunity to learn a few great GF beers, learn to love cider and wine and maybe even Gin & Tonic...

And, goes without saying, we're all here for you.
Cheers Don!

Back