Brewing With Total Confidence
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Recipe Editor' started by cody, Apr 13, 2015.
Great news that the bug is fixed.
I love the fact you can add percentages or change the gravity and it changes the recipe, I wish the website did that
Yeah, it's a great feature of the Windows app. It's on our list
How do you access the Brew Day Mode as shown in the screenshot on the download page?
We recently found a bug that was preventing the Brew Day button from showing in certain setups. We've now pushed out a new version that fixes that bug, so you should see the Brew Day button on all recipes. When you have a chance, please update or reinstall from the windows app page to see the fix:
Looks great so far, would love to be able to enter grain in lbs/oz. rather than decimals though.
Can you re include all the Australian ingredients please Im aprofessional Brewer that uses Brewmate and Brewers friend for Recipe Development for the R&D program on our Pilot brewery .I'm also a premium subscriber.
I can try to help with this, but not sure I follow - were there ingredients that you used in the past that are no longer available? Thanks!
Yes the Aussie Ingredients that where in Brewmate are gone there is a discussion about it on the Aussie Homebrewer forum http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/86161 ... mate-gone/
Here is a list of specs for the grains
https://www.nationalhomebrew.com.au/bre ... act-sheets
There seems to be an error in the Brew Day Mode for Strike water. It's labeled as gallons but the number is actually quarts. I would definitely prefer to see gallons here. It's highlighted in the attachment.
Also strike water temp doesn't take mash tun temperature into account which means the tun has to be the target mash temp before adding strike water and grains.
I'm also not sure about the strike water calculation. The app wants me to use 153 F water with 72 F grain temp and 154 F water with 32 F grain temp. In my experience I would need closer to 163 for either. I think the strike water amount showing in quarts but being labeled in gallons is affecting this number and causing it to be way off.
Running version 1.38
I love the Windows based Brewer's Friend, I used it formerly as Brewmate. Great recipe program and now you guys are making it even better. But as mentioned in the last post, I get really wacky calculations within Brew Day mode when using standard measurement mode. Strike temps are off, volumes are off and there isn't even any amounts given for sparge volume. I looked back over the last post and that makes sense about maybe the problem being that strike volume is listed in Gals but actually displayed in Qts. Could this be why it doesn't factor any sparge water volume and why the temps are all off?
This would be my go to program but it seems the Brew Day mode is holding it back. It's useless with the errors. Is the Brew Day mode being looked at? I would really love to see it come together.
I'm sorry for the delay on fixing the bugs here. They turned out to be pretty tricky to track down. But I think I've figured out the issue with calculating strike water volume in gallons properly and I've pushed out a new version of the app, v1.41:
(you may need to uninstall and reinstall if updating fails)
This should produce more accurate strike water volume, temperature, etc.
That's great Josh,, thank you.. I'll check it out and report back.
I had a chance to look at the brew day calculations for US measurements again and what you fixed looks good but the sparge water isn't calculating now. I've attached another screenshot with the sparge water at 0.00 highlighted.
Not trying to be a pain just trying to be helpful and do some beta testing.
Cool tool. Looking forward to the Alpha release :mrgreen:
Small few bugs I've spotted:
Drop me a mail if you want the xml files. I tried to upload them to this post but the uploader won't allow xml or txt files.
Oh yes, I also tried Save to Brewer's Friend but the login isn't working.
Last login time is 16:58 15.05.2016 (GMT + 02:00).
I logged in here with the same credentials a few minutes earlier.
Also, the default name you give to a recipe ends is recipeNamexml.xml instead of recipeName.xml
I just downloaded the program, and immediately I see that it won't switch from metric to US measurements. This was after a, shall we say, less than ideal experience with the Android app. I've learned my lesson and will stick with the web-based version, which I love, from now on.
It does switch but you have to fiddle with it. Change it, close settings and reopen then change back a forth. A big but one you can get around.
change anything then hit save, then change to US, make your other setting changes then hit save
I started using brewersfriend just a little while ago and noticed this problem:
Efficiency calculator does not show the grain that I include in grain editor list, only the standards.
By the way, congratulations for the work and thanks for sharing it.