Brewer's Friend Windows Program NOT AVAILABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozarks Mountian Brew said:
just curious, have you guys looked here for head start in instructions
http://www.brewersfriend.com/windows/

I know when you pull a recipe in it works, but creating a new from scratch doesn't, so trying to figure out whats different

I even tried to pull in an old recipe and still no brew day button.

We've been trying to get what we need to resolve the issues but have not been successful.

Hey Team,

I've downloaded the windows app to install on Windows 10 but it wont install. I keep getting an error:
"Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor"

Happy to supply log details if need be

Any ideas?

Re: slow loading

It takes for ever to load a page why? I didn't have this trouble in the past.

Brewer #53799 said:
Hi is there any way to fix OG 1.300? Thanks

Can you explain what you see wrong with it? Screen shot will help.

Thanks

stone, have you recently changed to a different s/w or upgrade? And we've not been changing things, so is is still happening now?

You may also want to clear cookies and cache and reboot. Then see how it runs.

Austin said:
stone, have you recently changed to a different s/w or upgrade? And we've not been changing things, so is is still happening now?
You may also want to clear cookies and cache and reboot. Then see how it runs.

Everything working ok today thanks.

Austin said:
Brewer #53799 said:
Hi is there any way to fix OG 1.300? Thanks

Can you explain what you see wrong with it? Screen shot will help.

Thanks

it's the same error people are complaining with in last 3 pages, OG is ever stuck at 1300 value whatever you insert in fermentables section

this field doesn't change when building a new recipe, it goes below but not above, if you pull in a recipe it seems to be fine

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_07 Nov. 02 18.31.jpg
    ScreenHunter_07 Nov. 02 18.31.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 10,652
here is a Screenshot of my BF, any quantity of any malt I got 1.300 of OG

Attachments

• 1300.png
    1300.png
    218 KB · Views: 10,610
Still, import a recipe works, but create a new one get stuck at OG 1.300...as mentioned in the previous posts. Haven't you fixed the bug yet ? I think the bug has something to do with the "strict mode" option and the "switch grain mode" button. When I created a new recipe (with strict mode off), the OG first got stuck at 1.300 as mentioned. After I clicked the button "switch grain mode", and I delete the value in the OG box, then the software did recalculate the OG and IBU, though not correct, and the weights of the fermentables are changed automatically in non-sense (I inputted 4 kg pale ale malt, 0.4 kg cara30L, 12 batch size, but got an OG 1.050)...however, at least it is not stuck at 1.300 anymore. Hope it helps you to fix the bug!

Attachments

• bug3.jpg
    bug3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 10,517
I was really happy yesterday when I came across this site and particularly this app. Regretfully 8 months after release the bugs still haven' been addressed. That's sad.

BondTrader said:
I was really happy yesterday when I came across this site and particularly this app. Regretfully 8 months after release the bugs still haven' been addressed. That's sad.

Yes, as it only seems to be only a mathematical error within the code.

Hey everyone - thanks for all your patience and for bringing the bug to our attention. We just pushed out an update with a fix for the original gravity calculation error. You can download a new version of the app here: http://www.brewersfriend.com/windows/ -- should take care of the issue.

Thanks again for all your support. Happy brewing!
- Matt

BrewersFriend_Matt said:
Hey everyone - thanks for all your patience and for bringing the bug to our attention. We just pushed out an update with a fix for the original gravity calculation error. You can download a new version of the app here: http://www.brewersfriend.com/windows/ -- should take care of the issue.

Thanks again for all your support. Happy brewing!
- Matt

Thanks! The bug has been fixed ! Happy new year & happy brew for everyone !

Best regards,
Chang

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
worked for me, thanks

Great! Glad to hear it.

Please let us know if you guys notice any other issues that need to be addressed. We greatly appreciate the feedback and we're always looking to make improvements to the software!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back