Brewer's Friend Windows Program NOT AVAILABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, we have just released the FREE Brewer's Friend Windows Program! (It is currently in beta)

If you find any issues with it please let us know here so that we can get them corrected!

You can find it in the tools menu under "Windows App" or just visit this url:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/windows/

Hello, a total newbie here... :) I was just about to start plannig my first recipe. Got my grains and hops and everything today. So excited!

But am I wrong, if there seem to be something funny with "potential extract" values with this lates version of BrewMate/BrewersFriend app?

And am I correct, if I just edit and change values of "potential extract" from say 36 to 1.036, the rest of the values and calculations should still be OK?

Very Slick

I imported a recipe from the site, but IBUs not calculating?

What recipe was it that you imported?

the app doesn't auto enter when adding values like the website does, you have to tab down and hit enter, not a big deal

there is also a grain mode I don't quite understand, it toggles to different columns, explain what that does ??

Looks like a cool program if all the bugs can be ironed out. As mentioned above, the extract values for grain aren't correct. As it is now, its almost useless as a recipe building tool. Hopefully everything gets situated eventually...

Example, it lists the extract potential of marris otter as 38.000 instead of 0.038?

Just trying out creating a new recipe.
I also have found that the grain potential extract needs to be edited from xx to 1.0xx. Once this is done everything else looks OK.

I noticed that whirlpool hopping is not included among the hopping options, and IBU is not calculated when aroma hopping is selected. Also First Wort option provides different IBU contribution compared to the web application. Otherwise the program seems to be a powerfull tool which I would use if this is adjusted.

Considering the First Wort hopping; so far I have not specified any time duration when using the web application to design my recipies and used the values automatically provided by the application as a rule of thumb. Which period of time shall I specify to the program when I add hops at the time I start to drain the mash tun and leave the hop until the end of boil/whirlpool? The time specified seems to be affecting the calculated IBU in the new program.

I just downloaded Brewers Friend v1.26 and on my Windows 7 machine it does not have the 'Brew Day' button.

Even when I create a new recipe, the top button on the side is the 'Timers' button.

any idea on why the brew day button is missing?

Screen shot added

Attachments

• no brew day.jpg
    no brew day.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 8,823
I am getting a DataGridView Default Error Log. System.AugumentException:DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid. To replace this default dialog please hadle the DataErroe event. I am running Win 8.1

I have a problem with the windows program.

Any grain I insert, with any quantity, also very small quantity, I got an OG value stuck at 1.300.
There is nothing that I can do to obtain the correct OG.

Can you help me please?

I'm sending this to Josh now for review.

wow... mucho buggy.. probably not beta, not even alpha.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    229.9 KB · Views: 8,887
no problem... I'm a code monkey myself in order to afford my homebrewing habit

I have the same bug as AlfredoG and TheZel66

Hope it's sorted soon because I can't wait to use this to it's full capabilities :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back