Breaking Quarantine

Worst part of this so far was missing our annual Memorial Day camping trip.
Same, we missed our 5 night trip on our Victoria Day weekend (the weekend before your memorial day)day

So, worried but not worried. There was a positive test of an employee at the grocery store up the street from us. Everyone in my household except myself has been there in the last handful of days. This person was at work as recently as yesterday. We have an appointment for all 6 of us to get tested tomorrow. Odds are astronomically high that we have an issue, but we have to get tested. I called our local Public Health to ask HOW IS IT THAT THIS STORE HASN'T BEEN CLOSED AND ALL EMPLOYEES SENT TO QUARANTINE, AND GET TESTED? I spoke very thoughtfully and respectfully of course, but it is a big question, and a big worry. The gentleman I spoke with was equally perplexed by this, he is looking into it.
And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Incredible. Good luck to you and your family. I'm sure you will all be fine.

So, worried but not worried. There was a positive test of an employee at the grocery store up the street from us. Everyone in my household except myself has been there in the last handful of days. This person was at work as recently as yesterday. We have an appointment for all 6 of us to get tested tomorrow. Odds are astronomically high that we have an issue, but we have to get tested. I called our local Public Health to ask HOW IS IT THAT THIS STORE HASN'T BEEN CLOSED AND ALL EMPLOYEES SENT TO QUARANTINE, AND GET TESTED? I spoke very thoughtfully and respectfully of course, but it is a big question, and a big worry. The gentleman I spoke with was equally perplexed by this, he is looking into it.
And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Yeah it does hit close to home doesn't it? When we had our "scare" a few weeks back, it put about a 100 of us (give or take a few) back at home for a week. Since I had been in that building twice in a week, I had to submit a list of everywhere I'd been in the past week. Now that I think about it, that was mothers day weekend. We had plans to visit my mother for the 1st time in like 8 weeks or so.
Hang in there! I'm sure you and your family will be fine!
I can't believe there are still people out there going out while sick. WTF!

Yeah it does hit close to home doesn't it? When we had our "scare" a few weeks back, it put about a 100 of us (give or take a few) back at home for a week. Since I had been in that building twice in a week, I had to submit a list of everywhere I'd been in the past week. Now that I think about it, that was mothers day weekend. We had plans to visit my mother for the 1st time in like 8 weeks or so.
Hang in there! I'm sure you and your family will be fine!
I can't believe there are still people out there going out while sick. WTF!
I don't know this person's situation. They may have gone for a test for the same reason as me, they could potentially get their test results before having any symptoms.

Test results are negative for all of us as expected. Learned more about the person who had tested positive. They didn't actually "test positive", they had done an online self assessment. Based on their answers they were considered "positive presumptive", and presumably went to get tested. We haven't had any update from the store as to their test results.

Glad to hear everyone is ok Craig. I went to Costco for the first time today since this started and I don't plan on going back any time soon.
The staff were good, but a solid 60% of the people in there were being morons.

Glad to hear everyone is ok Craig. I went to Costco for the first time today since this started and I don't plan on going back any time soon.
The staff were good, but a solid 60% of the people in there were being morons.
Seems to run by time here. We were in the grocery store on Saturday and could not get a way from the Covidiots. Yesterday we were in Lowe's and it seemed that few were unmasked. There are shops here that will not let you in without one and I'd willingly support that, if for no other reason to help protect the workers from anything I may be carrying.

So just like before the pandemic then...

Yeah more or less, but now it bugs me a lot more. I really don't need anything from Costco I couldn't order online so no good reason to actually go physically there. The Safeway nearby has been good and the nearby liquor store as a nice selection of craft beers even if the rum prices are higher.

Went to my grandsons legion double header baseball games this afternoon. They played at a minor league field so was plenty of room in the stands. He played solid, his bat was off but he played first, second and third base well making a couple of clutch scoops on both first and third. Their season is shortened but it's great that they can play at all. He didn't know we were coming so I think we nerved up his bat. Very different being in a stadium like that. All rules for distancing were followed as far as fans go. Plenty of room to spread out. Can't imagine how they could get people to space properly with a big crowd. Was fun, they won 6-1 and 6-5.

Back